Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to fit a game MySQL?

assasinsyga

Hello!
I would like to know whether it is possible to append the base game MySQL? If there is, at least some possibility even in VB6 …
And what you need: well, that accounts were kept there for a site where to shop on the site was to a base in a game thing came. Well, etc.
If there was such a topic, then sorry ...

Robin, as you can tell? Here server.vbp there Modules, and then I realized modgeneral.bas? As there can be a place "ChkDir App.Path &" \ Data \ "," accounts "" Connect to the database? Ie suppose I have to connect to the database server on a table accounts. How do I do not podsk

One of the only games that can do anything close to that is Robin's Chrystalshire, but I think that takes the info submitted on the net and turns it into local files. But he doesn't give it out the code for it.

To actually connect to an MySql data base you might want to look up how to connect VB6 to it on google. I don't think anyone has done it that way yet, but i might be wrong.

@Scott:

> Look up "vb6 mysql ado" it's pretty easy to figure out if you have any idea how mysql works. I managed to figure it out and get a source running off mysql in just a couple days with no prior knowledge of ado.

+1 to this. I converted EO 2.0 to a MySQL database for my game a few months back when I created the login server. Do exactly what Scott says - I did the same thing and it worked first time. :]

@Ryoku:

> One of the only games that can do anything close to that is Robin's Chrystalshire, but I think that takes the info submitted on the net and turns it into local files. But he doesn't give it out the code for it.
>
> To actually connect to an MySql data base you might want to look up how to connect VB6 to it on google. I don't think anyone has done it that way yet, but i might be wrong.

Lolwat. No it doesnt. Accounts are taken from the database and the character data is stored in flat files.