Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Worlds, removing useless things ?

Fabzy

Would removing all of the useless things in an engine which you personally dont use for your increase the engines performance and would it be worth it ?

I just dont see the need for lots of useless features your not going to use to still be in there ?

Thanks Fabzy

@[member="Fabzy"]

I don't think by much unless you are removing a huge amount of features. If you are removing a bunch of features from a engine and only leaving in a couple features like guild, quest, etc… the main features. It will most likely increase performance. In my opinion though I don't think it's worth it. Instead I would get a bare bones engines that only has a couple additions (there are some) or I would get a base engine like **EO 2**, **EO 3** and I would adding the features myself using tutorials and what-not. I would **NOT** recommend you use **EO 4** as that engine is littered with bugs and it is not worth using it unless you are prepared to be fixing minor and major bugs, and editing the source a lot it is a blatantly horrible engine.

> @[member="Fabzy"]
>
> I don't think by much unless you are removing a huge amount of features. If you are removing a bunch of features from a engine and only leaving in a couple features like guild, quest, etc… the main features. It will most likely increase performance. In my opinion though I don't think it's worth it. Instead I would get a bare bones engines that only has a couple additions (there are some) or I would get a base engine like **EO 2**, **EO 3** and I would adding the features myself using tutorials and what-not. I would **NOT** recommend you use **EO 4** as that engine is littered with bugs and it is not worth using it unless you are prepared to be fixing minor and major bugs, and editing the source a lot it is a blatantly horrible engine.

Thanks for the reply, alot of good info to ponder over.

I would be using eclipse worlds and paying programmers to add what i needed and if its worth it remove the other features, i think it would be a longer and harder process for me to go with a barebones version compared to not but thats why im trying to do some indepth research on the matter now rather than later :P

The plan is to remove alot of the generic features in the engine and concentrate on an interesting and fun combat system as i bealive thats what these engines lack, so ALOT of the features would end up getting removed

I would love to hear some other oppinions on this matter of performance gained compared to the amount of work to remove the features.

@[member="Fabzy"] as I said before if you are removing a lot of those big bulky features then yes it will increase performance if you are removing small features it will be a slight performance increase that being said if you remove a ton of those small features you will see a performance increase not a huge one but a noticeable one.