Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Decide my fate!

I've made just enough money for rent. My parents being the kind souls bought my PC from me and then gave it back (D'awww). I don't think there's any chance in hell I'll be able to afford traveling home for Christmas. There is no food in my cupboards.

So poll it up eclipse. Do I want to starve until the 6th January when I get paid (maybe it's possible to live without food that long…) or do I want to eat and lose my home on 1st January?

Advice:

1#: Do a google search on how long people can live without food

2#: If  your parents live near by stay with them for awhile

3#: Find part-time quick money for food job(apart of the pay the rent idea)

4#(Number 4 is coming soon srry)

O_O

1\. Well people can survive usually about 3 weeks - so says the internet.
2\. @spork:

> I don't think there's any chance in hell I'll be able to afford traveling home for Christmas.

3\. I have a full time job, money's just been tight as fu(k.

@Rusher:

> Where is a donate button when you need one :confused:.

I wouldn't take your money anyway.
@Mr.:

> Can't you… what's it called? Couch-surf?

I live alone in Scotland.

Aren't there food banks/soup kitchens near you?

I actually saw an article about this not too long ago. Apparently you can go longer without eating if you're preoccupied with a video game because it keeps your mind away. So pull up a good video game and get addicted for the next weeks…

@SNESthebest:

> Just don't move around a lot and you should be able to make it a bit longer.
> Although I agree, there should be a soup kitchen somewhere near you, unless you live on a farm or something.

If he lives on a farm I seriously doubt he would starve. Thus farm.

I would stay in the house. Being homeless your screwed. Goto a soup kitchen or just go around asking for 25 cents to use a pay phone. That way you dont look like some guy begging for change and once you get like 5 bucks just buy some rice. That should last you like a week.  Not very nutritious but will get the job done.

Actually, I've met a ton of beggars in my time, and If people ask me for money with an excuse, I by default recognize them as a drug addict. However, those with a board asking for food, I go out of my way to feed the poor soul.

That's a pretty good idea. It's insta-death to your dignity, but you'll be well fed.

Yeah, if you can get five bucks or so then go and get some rice. It's very cheap and will last you a while. Throw it in some boiling water with a dash of salt and it'll turn into some decent calories.

It's funny that you're trying to get as many calories as possible when many people are trying to have as little calories as possible. If that doesn't show the economic disparity, nothing can.