Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Me + EO2.0 = lolbored + mail system

PD

Thanks to Scootaloo for the title :P Well I was bored so I just decided to make a mail system w/ attachments :cheesy: May use it in my game or release it, dunno.

![](http://i41.tinypic.com/dxlezt.png)

Yea, I'm using standard controls, can't be arsed to make a GUI…You can switch between your inbox and contacts and they're displayed in the listbox. You can make a new mail, send mail, add contacts and add attachments(one item :D). A few little things like delete mail from inbox, remove contacts, block contact and a few little checks that I skipped need to be added and then maybe I'll release it. Opinions would be nice and other features you'd like to see can be suggested but nothing too big and I may just make it :cheesy:

@Scootaloo:

> Haha. :D
>
> Here's a question, how does the attachment bit work? :P

Once you hit 'Add' you are prompted to click on an item from you Inventory, then the item is taken from you and its name and amount is displayed in the textbox. When a person opens a mail with an attachment the 'Add' button is simple renamed to 'Take' and clicking that will give you that item. But as you can see theres a problem with this, if you don't send the mail, you can't have your item back :P Ima fix this and allow for more attachements and add in sending mail to contacts that aren't online.

@Scootaloo:

> Totally asked my dev team if I can code in a mailbox for our game.
> They were like noyoouuu.
>
> … Screw them I'm doing it anyway. ;D

lol, make one! :P

And to everyone else: thanks a bunch, didn't expect that kinda of a response :cheesy: Well just spent some time cleaning a few things up. Also here, I forgot to add these to the first post xD

![](http://i41.tinypic.com/vpchft.png)
Added an attachment, plus now the item you select as an attachment will only be taken away from you once the mail has been sent.

![](http://i42.tinypic.com/23vbsj.png)
Here, Candy is going to take the attachment and add it in to his inventory ;D Still need to add in multiple attachments, although that won't be a problem.

@Scootaloo:

> Haha wow, that's awesome.
> Planning out that kind of stuff takes me forever. xD
>
> Now you just need an actual interface!

Hah, yep. Also I completely forgot to mention this in the last post but now the mail is sent to the contact whether they are online or offline, so you can leave a friend a nice little suprise of gold :cheesy:

@JeffSventora:

> Can't wait to post my, "Me + C++ = lolbored + custom skyrim clone in 5 days" post.

lolno, too many +'s :P Little update you can now delete mail from your inbox. Next update will be multiple attachments and recipents.