Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse: Skywyre Edition v10

SkywardRiver

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that it's free should be a very solid reason to meet such terrible criticizing with negativity. If you don't like how the night system looks, don't use it… "Ugly Night System" is NOT criticism, it's flat out complaining about something I've spent a great deal of time on and given to a mewling community for free.

If you don't like it, don't use it. I'm not going to program a new night system just because someone ignorant to how such a system works complains about it.

In other news, as soon as I get some time that I don't end up spending on EOO, I'll be working on Skywyre again.

Just ignore these things Sky your work was excellent, this is one of the best engines that met. I had no errors at any time, much less with this system. I think he speaks for ignorance

I will wait for a new version if you're planning, I'm a fan of your engine, good job and I congratulate you for it. ^^

–----
Sorry bad english :p

I tried to change the max. classes to 3\. Also, I would like my 3 classes not to advance to other classes. I changed the classREQ to 3 in both server and client, compiled and created the .exe. In server data I changed the MaxClasses to 3 instead of 12 (and delteted the other classes) and in client I changed the description of each class (classinfo.txt file). I get unrecoverable DX error. Any ideeas?

@'Suky':

> Sky, as I update my version of Skywire? I have many updates and do not want to miss anything. As I edit?

Long time no see! It's been a while since I've had some free time to use on Skywyre Primitive, so I apologize for the absence.

Skywyre Primitive v7

~Fixed Crash Related to switching maps.
~Fixed Crash Related to special effects such as fade in/outs.
~Fixed Error Related to Chatbubble
~(Hopefully) Fixed issue some users were having with varying speeds on maps with heavy autotile use.
~Some general improvements.

Not totally exciting, as usual. Skywyre Primitive is meant to be a strong BASE in which to build from. It already has an impressive amount of features and stability that is nearly unrivaled in all of Eclipse.

However, if you wish to request a feature tutorial, simply post below with the specifics of the feature, and either I or some other generous being shall attempt to create the future when spare time is available.

**For those of you looking to find exactly where the bug fixes are to upgrade manually, simply PM me and I'll reply with the exact lines of code changed/added.**

Hope you all enjoy the update.

~SkywardRiver

@'Alerd':

> @'Suky':
>
> > Sky, as I update my version of Skywire? I have many updates and do not want to miss anything. As I edit?
>
> Long time no see! It's been a while since I've had some free time to use on Skywyre Primitive, so I apologize for the absence.
>
> Skywyre Primitive v7
>
> ~Fixed Crash Related to switching maps.
> ~Fixed Crash Related to special effects such as fade in/outs.
> ~Fixed Error Related to Chatbubble
> ~(Hopefully) Fixed issue some users were having with varying speeds on maps with heavy autotile use.
> ~Some general improvements.
>
> Not totally exciting, as usual. Skywyre Primitive is meant to be a strong BASE in which to build from. It already has an impressive amount of features and stability that is nearly unrivaled in all of Eclipse.
>
> However, if you wish to request a feature tutorial, simply post below with the specifics of the feature, and either I or some other generous being shall attempt to create the future when spare time is available.
>
> **For those of you looking to find exactly where the bug fixes are to upgrade manually, simply PM me and I'll reply with the exact lines of code changed/added.**
>
> Hope you all enjoy the update.
>
> ~SkywardRiver

When I asked the question is because I read.

I spoke with Sky and he did not answer me, apparently he ignored me. How do you expect me to talk to someone who ignores me? That was two days ago. But, thanks Sky… thanks ;)

@'Growlith1223':

> @'Suky':
>
> > When I asked the question is because I read.
> >
> > I spoke with Sky and he did not answer me, apparently he ignored me. How do you expect me to talk to someone who ignores me? That was two days ago. But, thanks Sky… thanks ;)
>
> The wonders of being busy

Mmmm, yup… maybe, for this I don't send more PM to he :p

just download winmerge , and compare its files to a version 6 client, it will highlight the differences in the code.
This is the changes I could find.

client side

in mod game logic find
   ```
' check directional blocking
```
under it add

```
   If GetPlayerX(MyIndex) > Map.MaxX Then Exit Function
   If GetPlayerY(MyIndex) > Map.MaxY Then Exit Function

```    ' check directional blocking

mod handle data 

in handle chat bubble under

```
    AddChatBubble target, TargetType, Message, Colour
    Set buffer = Nothing

```add```
Exit Sub
```

then in sub handle special effect under
```
    End Select
    Set buffer = Nothing

```add 
```
Exit Sub

```

So, i'm running into an issue. I made a map and use the default tree that came with the bundle and its collapsed my server. Runtime error 9;

ResourceCache(mapnum).ResourceData(Resource_Count).cur_health = Resource(Map(mapnum).Tile(x, y).Data1).health

Any idea? I d like my map back. I WORKED SO HARD!

@'MeKonster':

> So, i'm running into an issue. I made a map and use the default tree that came with the bundle and its collapsed my server. Runtime error 9;
>
> ResourceCache(mapnum).ResourceData(Resource_Count).cur_health = Resource(Map(mapnum).Tile(x, y).Data1).health
>
> Any idea? I d like my map back. I WORKED SO HARD!

I tried this. the default Pim7 Engine, upon download- resources are broken; does the same thing.