SkywardRiver

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@'Growlith1223':

> @'lurv':
>
> > Don't forget the changelog. Also, when players get warped into any map over 7, they get RTE 9 Subscript out of Range. I don't get it, though.
> > It doesn't appear in the error logs either.
>
> which side? server or client? regardless, this generally means a value for something like an array is higher than the array can handle, since that item within the array doesn't exist, it doesn't know what it wants to retrieve/send. if it's server side, it might be trying to access a value higher than the max value of maps or lower than 0(that can cause the crash as well). if it's on the client, it might be something didn't send quite right from the server to the client, causing a corrupt value, making it higher than the max value or lower than 0, and even sometimes not even a number(corrupted letters and numbers)

client side. i dont get the error and it doesnt appear in the error log so there's no way at all for me to debug it. any ideas?

@'lurv':

> Fix for PVP bug:
> In PlayerAttackPlayer, look for "If Damage = 0 Then". Delete it and remove the End If statement at the end of the sub.

You are so late on this, dude. This has already been talked about and Jaxx already knows about this and has fixed this in the next version

The post was directed to the people who couldn't find and fix the bug themselves, not Jaxx.
Some people use engines prior to every release, and since Jaxx doesn't write changelogs, it can be hard for people to know what to change

Thank you Adrian! :)

But, Jaxx, why you do that: "Casting a Heal HP spell on an NPC no longer works and doesn't crash the server", why you only make the heal on NPC works taking off the bug crash and allowing cast heal on npcs? Maybe it will be useful for some type of games. I know its more hard take off the error than desapear with him but, if u can fix the bug without take off the heal on npcs this can be a differential in your engine. Just an opinion.

@'aeronx':

> Hello Sky. Wonder if you know a fix or do you intend to fix the move-stop-move-stop movement from NPC?
> Please let me know! Thanks
>
> Keep it up.

Aeronx, I am not sure if this is what you mean but you can try increasing the NPC's Movement speed in the NPC Editor and you should see it animate properly.

Hi guys, anyone know why in my game appears these small traces in the screen?
![](https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/11913111_981766351898943_1059070831_n.jpg?oh=b60c23787ddce3d17c99bec1554e4e38&oe=55DBC7F2&__gda__=1440480482_e0a219ded87ac5549dc6f72162df706a)

@'Adrian':

> @'aeronx':
>
> > Hello Sky. Wonder if you know a fix or do you intend to fix the move-stop-move-stop movement from NPC?
> > Please let me know! Thanks
> >
> > Keep it up.
>
> Aeronx, I am not sure if this is what you mean but you can try increasing the NPC's Movement speed in the NPC Editor and you should see it animate properly.

That doesnt do much, it just make the npc move faster throgh the tile, the gettickcount + 500 its the same on the serverloop. (That the time the game uses to do something).
But lowering the 500 to under 350, make the npc blinky and faster than light, regardless the movement speed.
Expecting any other solution xD

@'Xepher002':

> Are there any tutorials on Eclipse Skywyre yet? It really looks amazing, and I'm currently figuring it out.

Ask whatever you need, ill try to answer, but not an expert.

To use arrows, select a graphic from the projectile option panel in your item editor, then select the range and whether it rotates. In order to test your projectiles youre not gonna want any ammo so keep that to 0 then spawn your weapon, target an enemy and fire away.

@'Azizele':

> To use arrows, select a graphic from the projectile option panel in your item editor, then select the range and whether it rotates. In order to test your projectiles youre not gonna want any ammo so keep that to 0 then spawn your weapon, target an enemy and fire away.

I did not know I had to select a monster , thank you !!