Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse: Skywyre Edition v10

SkywardRiver

@'TehDoug':

> **Before editing anything make a backup of the file (easiest way to right click and "Add to NAME.rar")**
>
> Go into the client source folder, right click the Client*. VBP and 'open with' notepad, find this line:
>
> > Object={831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#2.**1**#0; MSCOMCTL.OCX
>
> ![](http://puu.sh/iDoKz/e85b20c777.png)
>
> Change it to
>
> > Object={831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#2.**0**#0; MSCOMCTL.OCX
>
> ![](http://puu.sh/iDoIn/e6426ca8e7.png)
>
> And do the same in the Server*. vbp
>
> *May not be Client or Server, but you get the idea.
>
> If this fails, just delete them both and extract them from the .RAR (or the form of back up you used) you made before editing and back to original.

okay will try  :)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome engine!

Ran into a little problem, it's been a while since I've been around here, so it may just be due to my lack of memory… So don't take the piss ;)
Made some small changes in the source (using VB6, with SP installed) and then tried building the new .exe, and it highlighted .RemoteHost (in ModClientTcp, TcpInit). In the dialogue it just said "Compile error: Method or data member not found."

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Zillew

Okay so for the FPS problem when using auto/animated tiles, I don't have this issue with EW or EO4\. I am no programmer so I have no suggestions on how to fix it except maybe look at how those two engines got this issue resolved. I think EO4 has an FPS rate capped at 32 so maybe set a capped frame rate? I just don't like how a map without auto/animated tiles has a solid 64 fps and correct movement but then when you add auto/animated tiles the fps drops significantly and player movement speeds up drastically.

I'm liking this engine. I want to make a final fantasy 7 styled menu system.
(you press esc or space to bring up a menu that covers the entire screen where it says ITEMS, PARTY, SPELLS etc.
Willing to pay $30\. I do all the graphics for the menu and if you don't understand i can explain more