Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse: Skywyre Edition v10

SkywardRiver

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a few busy months i recently got back into editing my version of the skywyre engine again and i realized what an insane amount of hit it takes on performance to have autotiles, especially with my new higher resolution where you can see quite a bit more of them at once, i was wondering if that was ever improved upon? And if so if there is any tutorial or post about how this was done, i love autotiles, it makes certain things a lot easier but with my resolution at 1280x736, even minimal use gives a little bit of a performance hit.

Thanks.

Just as a small bump i really would like to know about the autotiles lag, i looked back in the thread and see people claiming to have fixed it or improved it but im not a very good vb6 programmer and not that familiar with stuff like dx8 and drawing and how all that works so it would be cool if someone could at least give me some pointers.

Also a followup question for what might be a lazy fix, panoramas, how much do they impact performance? i was thinking about just taking a screenshot of the map after applying autotiles and use that as the panorama to fake draw the map underneath, and then change the code to make the panoramas stand still instead of move, would this be better performance wise? It would require some extra work but if it completely removes the autotile lag it might be worth it.

@'Gabbe550':

> How do i make it so i mobs can drop items on another rate than 1 or 0?

Don't use "." but use "," like example 0,001 or 0,017

@'Niko':

> does music work correctly in this version?

yep, try converting the .mp3 into .ogg because i'm always doing that for music xD since .ogg means for looping music.

@'Mohenjo:

> Might be because mp3s have a license on them so you have to do something about it to use them

Bingo. To be exact, the license to use MP3 costs $2,500 per title for games that distribute more than 5,000 copies.

There's also the fact that OGG usually boasts superior quality while also being generally smaller in size than MP3.

A QUESTION .. I have a problem when it comes to cause a power hurts the NPC …. I try try but nothing ..... Is A Bugg ? ... On the set pleace? ..... I am from Argentina . My English is not good :c ...
     I have  Skywyre Primitive v8

@'BARUMONK':

> A QUESTION .. I have a problem when it comes to cause a power hurts the NPC …. I try try but nothing ..... Is A Bugg ? ... On the set pleace? ..... I am from Argentina . My English is not good :c ...
>      I have  Skywyre Primitive v8

Can you record it? so we can see the problem.

i can  fix the problem of powers .. now I have these 2 problems .. as I solve ? : / …....               To and where I could edit the max lvl and put me to accept other classes¿??¿?¿?                BUGG   :(   http://i.imgur.com/zX9jkEE.png

BUGG: 1        http://i.imgur.com/LPJBM1A.png

Bugg : 2         http://i.imgur.com/eFREI4o.png                            

ya arregle el problema de los poderes.. ahora tengo estos 2 problemas..  como los resuelvo ? :/  .......      a y donde podria editar el max lvl y ponerle para que me acepte las demas clases

I have  Skywyre Primitive v8

HELP ME!!! :C

Couple of issues I've noticed so far.

1\. Tileset scroll bars are not enabled until you click on the next/previous set, and click back onto it.
2\. Seems to be an issue with scroll bars in terms of the height of the tile set. It's cutting off the bottoms of my tilesets for some reason.

@'Niko':

> A bug i noticed is npc spawning. Ill set npc spawn points on map and refresh the map and they dont show up.

Are they set to spawn only at a certain time of day? While developing EOO I hit that problem several times only to find out it was my own stupidity xD (not calling you stupid if it ends up being this though xD Happens to the best of us)

Hello .. a player has a Bugg you put blank screen … ( have installed the libraries ......) ,,,, I do not understand why blank screen gets .. have Windows 8! I also have win8 and I go right the game. ..

Hola.. un jugador tiene un Bugg se le pone la pantalla en blanco... ( tiene instalado las librerias...... ) ,,,, no entiendo por que se pone la pantalla en blanco.. Tiene Windows 8! yo tambien tengo win8 y me anda bien el juego. ... HELP! ME!

• 2 weeks later...
@budris look in client and server for "MAX_LEVELS"

@BARUMONK Try running the client as an admin, also after runtime have installed try rebooting pc and running client. Does he see anything? Does he go through the main menu but then it's blank? Could use a little more information :).

Intente ejecutar el cliente como administrador , también después de haber instalado el tiempo de ejecución intento de reiniciar la PC y funcionando cliente. ¿Ve algo? ¿Va a través del menú principal, pero entonces es blanco? Podría utilizar un poco más de información :)

Hello,
I just recently got the eclipse skywire client. i have been wanting to make a MMORPG for a long time. i looked at many engine options and this seems to be the best one by far.
so i spent the last 3 days trying to get vb6 up and running and i had millions of errors due to the many other languages and libraries i had installed.
im not a professional, far from it. just a hobbyist. I came very close to getting it to work, but then i had an issue registering some libraries and although it said they were registered it kept coming back as not registered and i couldn't compile the engine.
Long story short i nuked and paved my computer last night and re-installed VB6 from the ground up on a fresh computer and it now works and i can compile the engine!

So anyways…. now that im playing around and doing some reading. my question is can i use flash for an intro cutscene with "Call Flash: Call Flash ( index , " intro . swf " )"
and if so, i read there may be a downside to using flash in the client? what is the downside?