Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Site Issues

Marsh

Why would some puny indie software be infected with viruses?

You're like all the kids that ask if popular MMOs are virus-infected because their overly-cautious virus scanner found networking capabilities; a company spending millions-upon-millions of dollars for their license to distribute an MMO wouldn't slap a virus onto it and expect to retain their audience and integrity as a legitimate company.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lenton:

> We all know Robin made the binary download of Eclipse send all information to his personal server and then removed it from the source files.
>
> P.s. - The moon landings are fake.

Crap, they're on to me. Time to programme my way out of here.

![](http://i.imgur.com/ZYYs7.jpg)

@Eckhart:

> Oh non-americans.

Ironically, a social security number would be something of preference to those in the UK/Europe. The French Revolution would want all "citizens" to conform to the state's identity (or else you lose your head).

As Robin has said before: America is backwards.

@Dreams:

> Robin, first, you refused to answer my first question, and then you lied to me. We could have been friends, but I don't think that's possible anymore *sob*.

I'm with you on this! I thought I could trust you, Robin! I bet you've already sold me out to the cops!
I bet that's them knocking on my door right now! Damn you, Robin!  Damn you!

Getting the name is pretty easy. I used to do that to people who went straight to the shoutbox before reading the FAQ and tutorials to freak them out.

Address and telephone number are a bit harder. Generally I'll just get any domain registrar information or find their location through IP tracking and look for anyone who voted with their name and age in the general area.

You can also subscribe to Private Investigation information repositories which house millions of personal records of people. You can just search through them for anything. It's not cheap though, and I only used it when a friend's Dad had an active account on there.