Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Port Forwarding (Answer!!!)

hullenheingh

I posted a topic a few days ago explaining my port forwarding problems. I read all the info involving port forwarding, went trough every single step over an over again in the tutorials , searched for hours, tested the server for many more hours and i was still stuck withouth anyone being able to connect.

Turns out that there is a solution and it's simple and awesome(may be the problem most people have). You do have to port forward your router but if you have a modem to router connection chances are that the modems ports need to be forwarded to the router. This is were your ISP comes in. Call your Internet Service Provider and ask them for customer service. I did this today and they guided me trough the interface in my modem so i could release the ports and manually open and close them in my routers interface( which almost all the tutorials in this forum explain in a simple and awesome way to do: port forwarding your router ). They released all the ports ( they say they forward them to the router so you have complete control over your servers and such, aparently it's recomended that you do this if running a server).

If you don't want to do the forwarding(on the modem) manually they do it for you as well.

I recomend this to everyone who's having port forwarding issues since customer service is supposed to help you with any internet issue(even though not all ISPs are the same)

Anyways hope it helped!

Thanks to all the Eclipse Team and Members who helped me with my previous topic and answered my noob questions(been here since 2006 and still only 35 posts hahaha).

Here are the links to the port forwarding tutorials in this forum, i don't take credit for any of them just sharing the links(do this after opening the ports on your modem).

S.J.R. van Schaik (Stephan) Tutorial:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,58333.msg617132.html#msg617132

Robin tutorial:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,68370.msg736649.html#msg736649