Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zelda: El Reino Dorado (Translated to English as you play!)

LostSoulFly

Hey All,

Ive been working on this for a bit now and ready to release as a free public game (mainly for my firneds to blast on). But I am having an issue with the IP / Ports. In other words it always defaults to trollparty.org. I have edit the code (removing troll server where everyone is an admin) and change the IP to my local address for testing but each time I load up the client it always resolves back to trollparty.org. The Config.ini has also been change to local IP, but on each load of the client is changes back to trollparty.org. I know a bit of VB coding and this does not make sense to me… I have also checked the launcher code thinking that was changing before loading the client and I cant find any relation.

Any ideas will be helpful, and thank in advance :)

Code:
```
Private Sub Command1_Click()
DestroyTCP
Options.ip = "127.0.0.1"
Options.port = "4000"
frmMain.Caption = Options.Game_Name & " - Official Server"
TcpInit
End Sub

'Private Sub Command2_Click()

'If MsgBox("The 'Troll Server' is an evil place where everyone is an admin" & vbNewLine & "However, kicking/banning is disabled." & vbNewLine & _
'"You may edit maps, items, spells, quests, whatever." & vbNewLine & "You can even kill other players." & vbNewLine & _
'"type /admin in chat, or press the Insert key to open the admin menu." & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
'"Would you like to play on this server?", vbYesNo, "Play on the Troll Server?") = vbNo Then Exit Sub

'DestroyTCP
'Options.ip = "127.0.0.1"
'Options.port = "4001"
'frmMain.Caption = Options.Game_Name & " - Troll Server"
'TcpInit
'End Sub

Private Sub Command3_Click()
DestroyTCP

Dim ip As String, port As String
ip = InputBox("Please enter a custom server's Address..", "Server Address", "127.0.0.1")
If LenB(ip) <= 0 Then Exit Sub
port = InputBox("Please enter a server port..", "Server Port", "4000")
If LenB(port) <= 0 Then Exit Sub

Options.ip = ip
Options.port = port

frmMain.Caption = Options.Game_Name & " - " & ip

TcpInit
End Sub

```

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for swift reply as well mate. Got the IP side of things working just this updater is a bit of a pain. Even tried removing it to no avail.

@'BeNjO':

> Edited the post to add code tags,
>
> ```
> Options.ip = ip
>
> ```
> where does 'ip' equal?

Ip = 127.0.0.1

But it is read from the option input Options.ip.

Which is local host for testing purposes.

I have managed to get it working… well to a certain point. It was the way the updater was looking at the old client name: "El Reino Dorado Translated", as when I compliled client I changed the name. Now my problem is when I change the way the updater looks for the client being called "El Reino Dorado Translated". When I change client name in the updater code to point at my new name of client then run updater after compiling, it just does not like it, It keeps stating "Please launch the game with Launcher." Ive kept the URL for the updater to trollparty.org as I haven't yet sorted a repository on my website... but that shouldn't break it or make a difference. I have change the name of the client in both the client code and update code, but still doesn't like it, which doesn't make sense to me lol :(

The code for the message "Please launch the game with Launcher." is with in the client itself, and I cant see to get it working with a different name other than its original. lol... Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Not a clue unfortunatly, I haven't used this engine my self so not sure how it works with the updater ect. Only thing I can suggest it to look for "El Reino Dorado Translated" in both projects (make sure to tick Current Project on the search menu) and change them one by one or all (using replace function) to the correct one. Sounds like there is "El Reino Dorado Translated" somewhere else.

[*RESOLVED IT*]

Thanks Benjo. Yeah there must be another relation to "El Reino Dorado Translated" some where in the code as I have checked both the client, server and updater code. I will have a good search today and let you know if I manage :)

Thanks again mate

Sorry for double post!

I have found my issue! It seems to be these lines of code, in which I have commented out the MsgBox and Destroy Game and the launcher runs then the client:

```
If GetVar(Filename, "Options", "RequireLauncher") = 1 Then
If InStr(1, Command, "-launcher 1") <= 0 Then

'MsgBox "Please launch the game with the Launcher." & vbNewLine & _
'"This keeps your client on the latest version!", vbCritical, "Launcher Required"
'DestroyGame
'End
'Else

frmMain.Caption = Options.Game_Name & " - Official Server"
End If
End If
```
The bit I don't understand if someone can illiterate for me is this bit of code (-launcher 1):

```
If InStr(1, Command, "-launcher 1") <= 0 Then
```
Removing the MsgBox statement, destroygame and just letting it run the frmMain works. But It don't really want to remove it as I wish to us the updater in the future. I have done what you said Benjo and replaced every showing of "El Reino Dorado Translated" in all source. But it still runs that above MsgBox , until I commented it out.

Thanks in Advance

• 1 year later...
@'LostSoulFly':

> -Snip-

Is this alive, by any chance? I'm playing the official client released by Dace on the game's official forum, but I don't really know where should I go after getting the 2nd Key inside the Deku Tree dungeon.

I was expecting to get some help here and even went as far as downloading your launcher and modified client SoulFly, but whenever I try to connect to any of the 3 servers (_**btw, each one of them are marking that there's 1 player online**_) by clicking on "Start" inside launcher.exe, I get a prompt saying "Please run this program as an Administrator!". The thing is though that by the looks of it, it already IS running with Administrator permissions, it has Windows' yellow and blue shield icon, after all.
Then, if I just "Ok" that error, I get a Run-time error 429 which naturally crashes the client.

I don't quite get it, is this still alive or not?

@'Lun0s':

> @'LostSoulFly':
>
> > -Snip-
>
> Is this alive, by any chance? I'm playing the official client released by Dace on the game's official forum, but I don't really know where should I go after getting the 2nd Key inside the Deku Tree dungeon.
>
> I was expecting to get some help here and even went as far as downloading your launcher and modified client SoulFly, but whenever I try to connect to any of the 3 servers (_**btw, each one of them are marking that there's 1 player online**_) by clicking on "Start" inside launcher.exe, I get a prompt saying "Please run this program as an Administrator!". The thing is though that by the looks of it, it already IS running with Administrator permissions, it has Windows' yellow and blue shield icon, after all.
> Then, if I just "Ok" that error, I get a Run-time error 429 which naturally crashes the client.
>
> I don't quite get it, is this still alive or not?

I'd say it's very doubtful that it is. The OP hasn't been logged on here since February, last year.

@'xelander':

> @'Lun0s':
>
> > @'LostSoulFly':
> >
> > > -Snip-
> >
> > Is this alive, by any chance? I'm playing the official client released by Dace on the game's official forum, but I don't really know where should I go after getting the 2nd Key inside the Deku Tree dungeon.
> >
> > I was expecting to get some help here and even went as far as downloading your launcher and modified client SoulFly, but whenever I try to connect to any of the 3 servers (_**btw, each one of them are marking that there's 1 player online**_) by clicking on "Start" inside launcher.exe, I get a prompt saying "Please run this program as an Administrator!". The thing is though that by the looks of it, it already IS running with Administrator permissions, it has Windows' yellow and blue shield icon, after all.
> > Then, if I just "Ok" that error, I get a Run-time error 429 which naturally crashes the client.
> >
> > I don't quite get it, is this still alive or not?
>
> I'd say it's very doubtful that it is. The OP hasn't been logged on here since February, last year.

Thought so. I fortunately found SoulFly on a certain other site we coincidentally visit on a daily basis and he cleared my doubt about the Deku Tree, so I'm done over here.