Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zelda: El Reino Dorado (Translated to English as you play!)

LostSoulFly

Let me start by saying that I'm a big fan of Zelda. I did not make this game.
This game has also been posted several times on these forums.

When I saw there was a Zelda game made with Eclipse, and the full source was available,
I was super excited. Sadly, it was in Spanish. :(

But then I thought to myself.. There are a lot of translation websites out there. How hard would it be to leverage their APIs to translate this (or anything) on the fly?

Well, it was more work than I had originally thought. I first had Google Translate in the DLL, but it didn't work well with quotation marks or certain phrases, so I kept looking. Then I found Bing. Then I found Yelp.

You must register the C# Gtranslate.DLL in a special way, and the .net Framework is required to be on your computer in order to do so. Please see the Starter section below for details.

I didn't want to write the code in VB, as it would have been ugly and a pain in the butt, so I packaged it all together in a C# DLL.

(This was my first C# project. Ever. I'm also not a fancy VB programmer. So be nice!)

There are 6 parts to this project.

**GTranslate DLL/modTranslate**:
This was originally just going to support Google, but it expanded as I worked with it.
I didn't really plan on releasing it, but it was so much fun working with and experimenting with this that I hope someone else can benefit from my work.
It currently supports Google, Bing, and Yandex translation. Google doesn't have "free" translation services, but we use their website and parse the return information anyway. Bing and Yandex both require registration to use, but are free for a certain number of uses. Bing has a 2 million character per month limit! (While I was developing and translating this game, I went through 50,000 characters in a few days, but it was re-translating the same stuff.)
And Yandex seems to have 10,000 requests per day, which I've never run into.

However, with modTranslate, I wrote a caching system that should hopefully fix those small issues.
Actually, the first version just read from/wrote to an ini file with a custom INI module.. which worked for the first phases of testing. But was really slow.
So I did some research on how to make it faster and came up with using a Collection. Sadly, I also wanted to load/save it to a file, which meant that it had to store the key as well as the data, so I made it store an array of the key (which I use the MD5 of the original string for.) 
Now, I got that working and wanted to retain the original text that was translated, so I had to work on that.. and that lead me to making a second collection.

Anyway, it performs wonderfully. I also wrote a separate application to read/edit the translation files generated.

**Translation Editor**:
I wrote this after deciding to use the collections to improve performance. It's not very feature-packed and some things don't work 100% as expected. It was more of a proof of concept, but it does work! It's a little messy, though.. I didn't put much planning into it's design! Sorry!

**Client**:
The original "The Legend Of Zelda: El Reino Dorado" client has been modified in several different ways.
The biggest change is that I added in my Translation DLL and most of the text in the game is translated on-the-fly!
(Though some text is translated at the Server level, to make things easier.)
Other small changes include WASD controls and more stuff that I can't think of.

**Server**:
Same as above. It's the mostly-original "The Legend Of Zelda: El Reino Dorado" server, with some changes thrown into it.
Biggest is, again, the Translation DLL being used for game text and such.
I tried to translate in such a way that wouldn't hinder performance or cause too many translations to be required, and cache as much as possible. I did not get everything translated, but a lot of it!

**Starter**:
The 'Starter' program should register/create the TLB and run /codebase on the Translation DLL, which should allow you to use the DLL in your projects.
You'll have to run this on each computer that will need it (Including the client's computers.)
but this can be included in your game's launcher/updater.

**Updater**:
It's a modified version of: http://www.eclipseorigins.com/thread-8117.html
I'll be honest, I don't like this updater. It's poorly built and freezes the app while downloading.
It also doesn't check each file for integrity against a hash list. I wrote something that does this for an old game engine called Realm Crafter that used MD5 hashes to download updates, but I couldn't find it so I just grabbed this one.

Server:
![](http://i.imgur.com/zUzSPjq.jpg)

Client:
![](http://i.imgur.com/dqC2IkG.jpg)

![](http://i.imgur.com/csLmAOB.jpg)

Translation Editor:
![](http://i.imgur.com/J6Z1cYn.jpg)

Updater:
![](http://i.imgur.com/q3CDS1S.jpg)

etc:
If you run into problems, refer to this website:
http://www.geeksengine.com/article/register-dll.html

Bing offers a free tier for their translation API,
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9782667

Regsiter your "app"
https://datamarket.azure.com/developer/applications

Yandex offers a free translation API as well:
http://api.yandex.com/translate/

Now, you can elect to bake your unique keys into the DLL and compile it yourself, or you can simply pass it while calling the functions from your project. It's entirely up to you!

In order to use the GTranslate DLL you must reference it, but it must be registered on the system you're using it on first.

Call it with BingTranslate("en", "es", "Hola")
Or see modTranslate for more examples.

Download all projects/files:
https://github.com/LostSoulFly/Zelda-Golden-Kingdom

Outdated/Old Dowload:
https://www.mediafire.com/?u1aap3d5aec7ryz

Download just my launcher:
Http://trollparty.org/Zelda/Launcher.zip
(This will download the game and connect to my test server)
Alternatively, if you compile it yourself/run it and connect to TrollParty.org on port 4000.
I've just opened a separate server that new accounts are Admins on, simply use port 4001\. I call this a 'Troll' server, as anyone can do anything (Though kicking and banning is disabled!)

It amazes me at how much content is in this game. It truly does. I've got a few friends that will play, so I encourage anyone that's interested to join in.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff! I started to translate the source but you beat me to it with a much better way of doing it!

For some reason im getting a RTE 429 when trying to run either server of client. I know this error and have tried to fix with normal process of checking a re-registering dll's but still no joy…

both dx7 and dx8 dll are reg'd... aby ideas?

thanks

@'RecoStar':

> Good stuff! I started to translate the source but you beat me to it with a much better way of doing it!
>
> For some reason im getting a RTE 429 when trying to run either server of client. I know this error and have tried to fix with normal process of checking a re-registering dll's but still no joy…
>
> both dx7 and dx8 dll are reg'd... aby ideas?
>
> thanks

What else can you tell me about the error? can you post a screenshot? does it happen when you compile it yourself?

Also, I've made a lot of changes to how things are translated (like storing a translated name for each UDT that needs it) but I'm trying to iron out some bugs in it.

@'LostSoulFly':

> @'RecoStar':
>
> > Good stuff! I started to translate the source but you beat me to it with a much better way of doing it!
> >
> > For some reason im getting a RTE 429 when trying to run either server of client. I know this error and have tried to fix with normal process of checking a re-registering dll's but still no joy…
> >
> > both dx7 and dx8 dll are reg'd... aby ideas?
> >
> > thanks
>
> What else can you tell me about the error? can you post a screenshot? does it happen when you compile it yourself?
>
> Also, I've made a lot of changes to how things are translated (like storing a translated name for each UDT that needs it) but I'm trying to iron out some bugs in it.

Yo man I have a question this Zelda engine it comes with a server and stuff, How can I host my own server so my friends can log on it? I just wanna host my own server on it. I thought thats what the server is included for. But when I try to custom server it saids I need to update and when it goes to update it don't log into the game it shuts the client down completely. How to run my own server?

@'death2allmike':

> @'LostSoulFly':
>
> > @'RecoStar':
> >
> > > Good stuff! I started to translate the source but you beat me to it with a much better way of doing it!
> > >
> > > For some reason im getting a RTE 429 when trying to run either server of client. I know this error and have tried to fix with normal process of checking a re-registering dll's but still no joy…
> > >
> > > both dx7 and dx8 dll are reg'd... aby ideas?
> > >
> > > thanks
> >
> > What else can you tell me about the error? can you post a screenshot? does it happen when you compile it yourself?
> >
> > Also, I've made a lot of changes to how things are translated (like storing a translated name for each UDT that needs it) but I'm trying to iron out some bugs in it.
>
> Yo man I have a question this Zelda engine it comes with a server and stuff, How can I host my own server so my friends can log on it? I just wanna host my own server on it. I thought thats what the server is included for. But when I try to custom server it saids I need to update and when it goes to update it don't log into the game it shuts the client down completely. How to run my own server?

If you're using my launcher it downloads my server's version, which I have changed the versions to match as I release updates. This means that my client version is newer than the server I released. Also I've made several changes that make the older server incompatible with my server's client. 

I believe you can just use the versions that I have released above, and avoid using the launcher. (as I wrote the launcher for my server specifically, unless you want to change it to match your server) 

II willbe releasing more of my updates and big fixes soon, I only work on it in my free time while at work :p

https://github.com/LostSoulFly/Zelda-Golden-Kingdom

I haven't uploaded my most recent changes there yet, but will soon.

@'LostSoulFly':

> @'death2allmike':
>
> > @'LostSoulFly':
> >
> > > @'RecoStar':
> > >
> > > > Good stuff! I started to translate the source but you beat me to it with a much better way of doing it!
> > > >
> > > > For some reason im getting a RTE 429 when trying to run either server of client. I know this error and have tried to fix with normal process of checking a re-registering dll's but still no joy…
> > > >
> > > > both dx7 and dx8 dll are reg'd... aby ideas?
> > > >
> > > > thanks
> > >
> > > What else can you tell me about the error? can you post a screenshot? does it happen when you compile it yourself?
> > >
> > > Also, I've made a lot of changes to how things are translated (like storing a translated name for each UDT that needs it) but I'm trying to iron out some bugs in it.
> >
> > Yo man I have a question this Zelda engine it comes with a server and stuff, How can I host my own server so my friends can log on it? I just wanna host my own server on it. I thought thats what the server is included for. But when I try to custom server it saids I need to update and when it goes to update it don't log into the game it shuts the client down completely. How to run my own server?
>
> If you're using my launcher it downloads my server's version, which I have changed the versions to match as I release updates. This means that my client version is newer than the server I released. Also I've made several changes that make the older server incompatible with my server's client. 
>
> I believe you can just use the versions that I have released above, and avoid using the launcher. (as I wrote the launcher for my server specifically, unless you want to change it to match your server) 
>
> II willbe releasing more of my updates and big fixes soon, I only work on it in my free time while at work :p
>
> https://github.com/LostSoulFly/Zelda-Golden-Kingdom
>
> I haven't uploaded my most recent changes there yet, but will soon.

Best Zelda game ever!! can you add my skype death2allmike? Or explain to me what I need to do to have my server working properly cause I tried that verison too and it still won't let me access my server from the client it just shuts off

@'death2allmike':

> @'LostSoulFly':
>
> > @'death2allmike':
> >
> > > @'LostSoulFly':
> > >
> > > > @'RecoStar':
> > > >
> > > > > Good stuff! I started to translate the source but you beat me to it with a much better way of doing it!
> > > > >
> > > > > For some reason im getting a RTE 429 when trying to run either server of client. I know this error and have tried to fix with normal process of checking a re-registering dll's but still no joy…
> > > > >
> > > > > both dx7 and dx8 dll are reg'd... aby ideas?
> > > > >
> > > > > thanks
> > > >
> > > > What else can you tell me about the error? can you post a screenshot? does it happen when you compile it yourself?
> > > >
> > > > Also, I've made a lot of changes to how things are translated (like storing a translated name for each UDT that needs it) but I'm trying to iron out some bugs in it.
> > >
> > > Yo man I have a question this Zelda engine it comes with a server and stuff, How can I host my own server so my friends can log on it? I just wanna host my own server on it. I thought thats what the server is included for. But when I try to custom server it saids I need to update and when it goes to update it don't log into the game it shuts the client down completely. How to run my own server?
> >
> > If you're using my launcher it downloads my server's version, which I have changed the versions to match as I release updates. This means that my client version is newer than the server I released. Also I've made several changes that make the older server incompatible with my server's client. 
> >
> > I believe you can just use the versions that I have released above, and avoid using the launcher. (as I wrote the launcher for my server specifically, unless you want to change it to match your server) 
> >
> > II willbe releasing more of my updates and big fixes soon, I only work on it in my free time while at work :p
> >
> > https://github.com/LostSoulFly/Zelda-Golden-Kingdom
> >
> > I haven't uploaded my most recent changes there yet, but will soon.
>
> Best Zelda game ever!! can you add my skype death2allmike? Or explain to me what I need to do to have my server working properly cause I tried that verison too and it still won't let me access my server from the client it just shuts off

Server Config and I am port forwarding cause im a game developer myself also.
[OPTIONS]

Game_Name=The Legend of Zelda: El Reino Dorado
Port= 27999
Game Config
[Options]

Game_Name=The Legend Of Zelda: The Golden Kingdom
Username=mike
Password=mike
SavePass= 1
IP=newhyruleonline.ddns.com
Port= 27999
MenuMusic=Intro.mid
Music= 1
Sound= 1
Debug= 0
Names= 1
Level= 1
WASD= 1
Chat= 1
SafeMode= 1
DefaultVolume= 70
MiniMap= 0
MappingMode= 0
ChatToScreen= 2
[ChatOptions]
1= 1
2= 1
3= 1
4= 1
5= 1
6= 1
[UPDATER]
Version= 7

@'death2allmike':

> @'LostSoulFly':
>
> > @'death2allmike':
> >
> > > @'LostSoulFly':
> > >
> > > > @'RecoStar':
> > > >
> > > > > Good stuff! I started to translate the source but you beat me to it with a much better way of doing it!
> > > > >
> > > > > For some reason im getting a RTE 429 when trying to run either server of client. I know this error and have tried to fix with normal process of checking a re-registering dll's but still no joy…
> > > > >
> > > > > both dx7 and dx8 dll are reg'd... aby ideas?
> > > > >
> > > > > thanks
> > > >
> > > > What else can you tell me about the error? can you post a screenshot? does it happen when you compile it yourself?
> > > >
> > > > Also, I've made a lot of changes to how things are translated (like storing a translated name for each UDT that needs it) but I'm trying to iron out some bugs in it.
> > >
> > > Yo man I have a question this Zelda engine it comes with a server and stuff, How can I host my own server so my friends can log on it? I just wanna host my own server on it. I thought thats what the server is included for. But when I try to custom server it saids I need to update and when it goes to update it don't log into the game it shuts the client down completely. How to run my own server?
> >
> > If you're using my launcher it downloads my server's version, which I have changed the versions to match as I release updates. This means that my client version is newer than the server I released. Also I've made several changes that make the older server incompatible with my server's client. 
> >
> > I believe you can just use the versions that I have released above, and avoid using the launcher. (as I wrote the launcher for my server specifically, unless you want to change it to match your server) 
> >
> > II willbe releasing more of my updates and big fixes soon, I only work on it in my free time while at work :p
> >
> > https://github.com/LostSoulFly/Zelda-Golden-Kingdom
> >
> > I haven't uploaded my most recent changes there yet, but will soon.
>
> Best Zelda game ever!! can you add my skype death2allmike? Or explain to me what I need to do to have my server working properly cause I tried that verison too and it still won't let me access my server from the client it just shuts off
>
> * * *
>
> @'death2allmike':
>
> > @'LostSoulFly':
> >
> > > @'death2allmike':
> > >
> > > > @'LostSoulFly':
> > > >
> > > > > What else can you tell me about the error? can you post a screenshot? does it happen when you compile it yourself?
> > > > >
> > > > > Also, I've made a lot of changes to how things are translated (like storing a translated name for each UDT that needs it) but I'm trying to iron out some bugs in it.
> > > >
> > > > Yo man I have a question this Zelda engine it comes with a server and stuff, How can I host my own server so my friends can log on it? I just wanna host my own server on it. I thought thats what the server is included for. But when I try to custom server it saids I need to update and when it goes to update it don't log into the game it shuts the client down completely. How to run my own server?
> > >
> > > If you're using my launcher it downloads my server's version, which I have changed the versions to match as I release updates. This means that my client version is newer than the server I released. Also I've made several changes that make the older server incompatible with my server's client. 
> > >
> > > I believe you can just use the versions that I have released above, and avoid using the launcher. (as I wrote the launcher for my server specifically, unless you want to change it to match your server) 
> > >
> > > II willbe releasing more of my updates and big fixes soon, I only work on it in my free time while at work :p
> > >
> > > https://github.com/LostSoulFly/Zelda-Golden-Kingdom
> > >
> > > I haven't uploaded my most recent changes there yet, but will soon.
> >
> > Best Zelda game ever!! can you add my skype death2allmike? Or explain to me what I need to do to have my server working properly cause I tried that verison too and it still won't let me access my server from the client it just shuts off
>
> Server Config and I am port forwarding cause im a game developer myself also.
> [OPTIONS]
>
> Game_Name=The Legend of Zelda: El Reino Dorado
> Port= 27999
> Game Config
> [Options]
>
> Game_Name=The Legend Of Zelda: The Golden Kingdom
> Username=mike
> Password=mike
> SavePass= 1
> IP=newhyruleonline.ddns.com
> Port= 27999
> MenuMusic=Intro.mid
> Music= 1
> Sound= 1
> Debug= 0
> Names= 1
> Level= 1
> WASD= 1
> Chat= 1
> SafeMode= 1
> DefaultVolume= 70
> MiniMap= 0
> MappingMode= 0
> ChatToScreen= 2
> [ChatOptions]
> 1= 1
> 2= 1
> 3= 1
> 4= 1
> 5= 1
> 6= 1
> [UPDATER]
> Version= 7

OMG THANK YOU MAN FIXED IT!!!! YOU ARE A AWESOME DEVELOPER MAN! LOVE YOUR WORK!!!!

Not sure what I did, but I'm glad you got it working!

I just posted another update on GitHub. To get the most recent source, click "download ZIP" on the right side of the GitHub page.

I fixed several issues today and I changed the way pets work. Now they should follow you from map to map!

There was an issue loading quests since I added a new string variable to the UDT and it caused issues. I had to re-create the quests in new files so they've been renamed quest2.0-#.dat. The only ones will probably not work!

I didn't like how the menus would disappear when clicking on the game screen, so I disabled that as well. My next goal will be to put the pet attack/follow commands in the hotbar.

Other issues fixed as well. I'll keep working on it when I can. In the meantime, my server is up :-)

@'LostSoulFly':

> Not sure what I did, but I'm glad you got it working!
>
> I just posted another update on GitHub. To get the most recent source, click "download ZIP" on the right side of the GitHub page.
>
> I fixed several issues today and I changed the way pets work. Now they should follow you from map to map!
>
> There was an issue loading quests since I added a new string variable to the UDT and it caused issues. I had to re-create the quests in new files so they've been renamed quest2.0-#.dat. The only ones will probably not work!
>
> I didn't like how the menus would disappear when clicking on the game screen, so I disabled that as well. My next goal will be to put the pet attack/follow commands in the hotbar.
>
> Other issues fixed as well. I'll keep working on it when I can. In the meantime, my server is up :-)

AWESOME BRO! I changed the entry game langauge into English and running a full english server, Its called Legend of Zelda - Temple Of Time! I changed the main menu when the game loads and everything! I'm keeping your team in the credits cause without yall I wouldn't have had the chance to have an awesome Zelda Engine to mess around with and for Fans like me and my Friends. Thank you man!!

@'death2allmike':

> @'LostSoulFly':
>
> > Not sure what I did, but I'm glad you got it working!
> >
> > I just posted another update on GitHub. To get the most recent source, click "download ZIP" on the right side of the GitHub page.
> >
> > I fixed several issues today and I changed the way pets work. Now they should follow you from map to map!
> >
> > There was an issue loading quests since I added a new string variable to the UDT and it caused issues. I had to re-create the quests in new files so they've been renamed quest2.0-#.dat. The only ones will probably not work!
> >
> > I didn't like how the menus would disappear when clicking on the game screen, so I disabled that as well. My next goal will be to put the pet attack/follow commands in the hotbar.
> >
> > Other issues fixed as well. I'll keep working on it when I can. In the meantime, my server is up :-)
>
> AWESOME BRO! I changed the entry game langauge into English and running a full english server, Its called Legend of Zelda - Temple Of Time! I changed the main menu when the game loads and everything! I'm keeping your team in the credits cause without yall I wouldn't have had the chance to have an awesome Zelda Engine to mess around with and for Fans like me and my Friends. Thank you man!!

One last question broski! 
How to change the Level Max to 100? And I can just simplely add your updates on the engine right?

@'death2allmike':

> @'death2allmike':
>
> > @'LostSoulFly':
> >
> > > Not sure what I did, but I'm glad you got it working!
> > >
> > > I just posted another update on GitHub. To get the most recent source, click "download ZIP" on the right side of the GitHub page.
> > >
> > > I fixed several issues today and I changed the way pets work. Now they should follow you from map to map!
> > >
> > > There was an issue loading quests since I added a new string variable to the UDT and it caused issues. I had to re-create the quests in new files so they've been renamed quest2.0-#.dat. The only ones will probably not work!
> > >
> > > I didn't like how the menus would disappear when clicking on the game screen, so I disabled that as well. My next goal will be to put the pet attack/follow commands in the hotbar.
> > >
> > > Other issues fixed as well. I'll keep working on it when I can. In the meantime, my server is up :-)
> >
> > AWESOME BRO! I changed the entry game langauge into English and running a full english server, Its called Legend of Zelda - Temple Of Time! I changed the main menu when the game loads and everything! I'm keeping your team in the credits cause without yall I wouldn't have had the chance to have an awesome Zelda Engine to mess around with and for Fans like me and my Friends. Thank you man!!
>
> One last question broski! 
> How to change the Level Max to 100? And I can just simplely add your updates on the engine right?

You'd have to edit both the server and the client to bring the max level up to 100\. I can't say for certain, but likely all you would need to edit is 
```
Public Const MAX_LEVELS As Long = 80
``` 
in both the server and client. The engine should take care of the rest..

@'LostSoulFly':

> @'death2allmike':
>
> > @'death2allmike':
> >
> > > @'LostSoulFly':
> > >
> > > > Not sure what I did, but I'm glad you got it working!
> > > >
> > > > I just posted another update on GitHub. To get the most recent source, click "download ZIP" on the right side of the GitHub page.
> > > >
> > > > I fixed several issues today and I changed the way pets work. Now they should follow you from map to map!
> > > >
> > > > There was an issue loading quests since I added a new string variable to the UDT and it caused issues. I had to re-create the quests in new files so they've been renamed quest2.0-#.dat. The only ones will probably not work!
> > > >
> > > > I didn't like how the menus would disappear when clicking on the game screen, so I disabled that as well. My next goal will be to put the pet attack/follow commands in the hotbar.
> > > >
> > > > Other issues fixed as well. I'll keep working on it when I can. In the meantime, my server is up :-)
> > >
> > > AWESOME BRO! I changed the entry game langauge into English and running a full english server, Its called Legend of Zelda - Temple Of Time! I changed the main menu when the game loads and everything! I'm keeping your team in the credits cause without yall I wouldn't have had the chance to have an awesome Zelda Engine to mess around with and for Fans like me and my Friends. Thank you man!!
> >
> > One last question broski! 
> > How to change the Level Max to 100? And I can just simplely add your updates on the engine right?
>
> You'd have to edit both the server and the client to bring the max level up to 100\. I can't say for certain, but likely all you would need to edit is 
> ```
> Public Const MAX_LEVELS As Long = 80
> ``` 
> in both the server and client. The engine should take care of the rest..

I just paste that in the options.ini right? And does it need to be in the Client Config?

@'death2allmike':

> @'LostSoulFly':
>
> > @'death2allmike':
> >
> > > @'death2allmike':
> > >
> > > > @'LostSoulFly':
> > > >
> > > > > Not sure what I did, but I'm glad you got it working!
> > > > >
> > > > > I just posted another update on GitHub. To get the most recent source, click "download ZIP" on the right side of the GitHub page.
> > > > >
> > > > > I fixed several issues today and I changed the way pets work. Now they should follow you from map to map!
> > > > >
> > > > > There was an issue loading quests since I added a new string variable to the UDT and it caused issues. I had to re-create the quests in new files so they've been renamed quest2.0-#.dat. The only ones will probably not work!
> > > > >
> > > > > I didn't like how the menus would disappear when clicking on the game screen, so I disabled that as well. My next goal will be to put the pet attack/follow commands in the hotbar.
> > > > >
> > > > > Other issues fixed as well. I'll keep working on it when I can. In the meantime, my server is up :-)
> > > >
> > > > AWESOME BRO! I changed the entry game langauge into English and running a full english server, Its called Legend of Zelda - Temple Of Time! I changed the main menu when the game loads and everything! I'm keeping your team in the credits cause without yall I wouldn't have had the chance to have an awesome Zelda Engine to mess around with and for Fans like me and my Friends. Thank you man!!
> > >
> > > One last question broski! 
> > > How to change the Level Max to 100? And I can just simplely add your updates on the engine right?
> >
> > You'd have to edit both the server and the client to bring the max level up to 100\. I can't say for certain, but likely all you would need to edit is 
> > ```
> > Public Const MAX_LEVELS As Long = 80
> > ``` 
> > in both the server and client. The engine should take care of the rest..
>
> I just paste that in the options.ini right? And does it need to be in the Client Config?

Also how to use the pet system? I wanna make it where fairies can follow players and stuff that be the iceing on the cake.

@'death2allmike':

> I just paste that in the options.ini right? And does it need to be in the Client Config?
>
> Also how to use the pet system? I wanna make it where fairies can follow players and stuff that be the iceing on the cake.

No, you would need to edit the source for the server and client and recompile them both.

You can make a pet out of an NPC from inside the game. I made a fairy pet using the Pet editor ingame. The fairies are around NPC number 340 I believe.
Then you just have to spawn one of them on a map and tame it.

@'LostSoulFly':

> @'death2allmike':
>
> > I just paste that in the options.ini right? And does it need to be in the Client Config?
> >
> > Also how to use the pet system? I wanna make it where fairies can follow players and stuff that be the iceing on the cake.
>
> No, you would need to edit the source for the server and client and recompile them both.
>
> You can make a pet out of an NPC from inside the game. I made a fairy pet using the Pet editor ingame. The fairies are around NPC number 340 I believe.
> Then you just have to spawn one of them on a map and tame it.

ok I spawn the pet I change the 4th one to Tael cause im Skull Kid on the engine im running and I just need help on changing the level cap to 100 I try pasting it in option that command u sent but it won't run the server to I deleted that command how do I change the 80 to 100? Ingame or though the files?

@'death2allmike':

> @'LostSoulFly':
>
> > @'death2allmike':
> >
> > > I just paste that in the options.ini right? And does it need to be in the Client Config?
> > >
> > > Also how to use the pet system? I wanna make it where fairies can follow players and stuff that be the iceing on the cake.
> >
> > No, you would need to edit the source for the server and client and recompile them both.
> >
> > You can make a pet out of an NPC from inside the game. I made a fairy pet using the Pet editor ingame. The fairies are around NPC number 340 I believe.
> > Then you just have to spawn one of them on a map and tame it.
>
> * * *
>
> ok I spawn the pet I change the 4th one to Tael cause im Skull Kid on the engine im running and I just need help on changing the level cap to 100 I try pasting it in option that command u sent but it won't run the server to I deleted that command how do I change the 80 to 100? Ingame or though the files?

also one last question after u help with the level cap issue, How can you buy a 600Rupee item if the max is 100, ik you added the large wallet item right? Whats the name of it or what number is it?

@'death2allmike':

> @'LostSoulFly':
>
> > @'death2allmike':
> >
> > > I just paste that in the options.ini right? And does it need to be in the Client Config?
> > >
> > > Also how to use the pet system? I wanna make it where fairies can follow players and stuff that be the iceing on the cake.
> >
> > No, you would need to edit the source for the server and client and recompile them both.
> >
> > You can make a pet out of an NPC from inside the game. I made a fairy pet using the Pet editor ingame. The fairies are around NPC number 340 I believe.
> > Then you just have to spawn one of them on a map and tame it.
>
> * * *
>
> ok I spawn the pet I change the 4th one to Tael cause im Skull Kid on the engine im running and I just need help on changing the level cap to 100 I try pasting it in option that command u sent but it won't run the server to I deleted that command how do I change the 80 to 100? Ingame or though the files?

Also whats the numb for the large wallet to increase my rupee hold? So I can buy 600rupees items like the horses? How to Tame the pet?

@'death2allmike':

>
> also one last question after u help with the level cap issue, How can you buy a 600Rupee item if the max is 100, ik you added the large wallet item right? Whats the name of it or what number is it?
>
> Also whats the numb for the large wallet to increase my rupee hold? So I can buy 600rupees items like the horses?  How to Tame the pet?

1\. No, you would need to edit the source for the server and client and recompile them both. There is no simple option to change the level maximum, you have to know at least a little bit about visual basic 6.

2\. I think you're confused about where this game comes from. I didn't add any items to this game. I did not create this game. I found it and translated it to english and am fixing and adding things in the source code for fun. I have not played this game past the first dungeon. I actually had to edit the Great Deku Tree's map as I couldn't figure out how to progress otherwise. I've also fixed some puzzles and doors or tiles that my players have had issues with.

3\. I don't know. I haven't gotten a large wallet yet. You can use a command that I wrote to search for items by name, though.

From within the game type ```
/cmd finditem wallet
```and it will print out a list of everything with wallet in the name. You can also use ```
/cmd giveitem
```that I wrote to give yourself or others an item.

4\. You tame a pet by targeting it and click the Tame button on the Pet window at the bottom. You can only tame monsters that are pets, and as of right now there is a max of 40 unique pets. I'll probably increase that, though, as I like pets. You also need to have enough "Tame Points" which are determined by your gear and level.

This is not a polished version that I would really recommend someone without any programming experience to work with. If you run into problems you should be able to fix them at the source level!

I am still getting Run-time Error 429 ActiveX component cant create object.

I have re-reg both dx7vb.dll and dx8vb.dll in multiple areas from system32, C:\ and zelda folder on desktop to no resolve. This issue happens when I try to open either the server or client.exe. It also seems to happen when I open any .exe from the Zelda folder, such as Transedit,exe or Starter.exe

I have no idea why this is occurring. Tried it on my laptop and same issue. Tried other engines and work fine, even the original version of this engine I found on a foreign site worked fine.

Any Idea's?

Screenshot attached.

Thanks in advance

@'RecoStar':

> I am still getting Run-time Error 429 ActiveX component cant create object.
>
> I have re-reg both dx7vb.dll and dx8vb.dll in multiple areas from system32, C:\ and zelda folder on desktop to no resolve. This issue happens when I try to open either the server or client.exe. It also seems to happen when I open any .exe from the Zelda folder, such as Transedit,exe or Starter.exe
>
> I have no idea why this is occurring. Tried it on my laptop and same issue. Tried other engines and work fine, even the original version of this engine I found on a foreign site worked fine.
>
> Any Idea's?
>
> Screenshot attached.
>
> Thanks in advance

If it happens on all the programs that the translation DLL is used in.. have you registered that? You will need to do it a different way than usual, though.

See the "Starter" section of the first post:

> Starter:
>
> The 'Starter' program should register/create the TLB and run /codebase on the Translation DLL, which should allow you to use the DLL in your projects.
> You'll have to run this on each computer that will need it (Including the client's computers.)
> but this can be included in your game's launcher/updater.

This DLL needs to be registered with the regasm command included with the .net framework and the /codebase switch.

The starter program should do that for you (run it as administrator if above Windows XP), but I've incorporated it into my launcher to streamline things.

@'death2allmike':

> @'LostSoulFly':
>
> > Not sure what I did, but I'm glad you got it working!
> >
> > I just posted another update on GitHub. To get the most recent source, click "download ZIP" on the right side of the GitHub page.
> >
> > I fixed several issues today and I changed the way pets work. Now they should follow you from map to map!
> >
> > There was an issue loading quests since I added a new string variable to the UDT and it caused issues. I had to re-create the quests in new files so they've been renamed quest2.0-#.dat. The only ones will probably not work!
> >
> > I didn't like how the menus would disappear when clicking on the game screen, so I disabled that as well. My next goal will be to put the pet attack/follow commands in the hotbar.
> >
> > Other issues fixed as well. I'll keep working on it when I can. In the meantime, my server is up :-)
>
> AWESOME BRO! I changed the entry game langauge into English and running a full english server, Its called Legend of Zelda - Temple Of Time! I changed the main menu when the game loads and everything! I'm keeping your team in the credits cause without yall I wouldn't have had the chance to have an awesome Zelda Engine to mess around with and for Fans like me and my Friends. Thank you man!!

Yo LostSoulFly I re-editing the game to english and changing a lot of the game texture and stuff but your on the website and explaination of where the engine came from and I said you got all credit from it! Thank you so much for giving this Zelda Engine out man! Heres my website if you wanna see. http://templeoftime.webs.com/ becareful theres website music so it might be loud.

@'death2allmike':

> @'death2allmike':
>
> > @'LostSoulFly':
> >
> > > Not sure what I did, but I'm glad you got it working!
> > >
> > > I just posted another update on GitHub. To get the most recent source, click "download ZIP" on the right side of the GitHub page.
> > >
> > > I fixed several issues today and I changed the way pets work. Now they should follow you from map to map!
> > >
> > > There was an issue loading quests since I added a new string variable to the UDT and it caused issues. I had to re-create the quests in new files so they've been renamed quest2.0-#.dat. The only ones will probably not work!
> > >
> > > I didn't like how the menus would disappear when clicking on the game screen, so I disabled that as well. My next goal will be to put the pet attack/follow commands in the hotbar.
> > >
> > > Other issues fixed as well. I'll keep working on it when I can. In the meantime, my server is up :-)
> >
> > AWESOME BRO! I changed the entry game langauge into English and running a full english server, Its called Legend of Zelda - Temple Of Time! I changed the main menu when the game loads and everything! I'm keeping your team in the credits cause without yall I wouldn't have had the chance to have an awesome Zelda Engine to mess around with and for Fans like me and my Friends. Thank you man!!
>
> Yo LostSoulFly I re-editing the game to english and changing a lot of the game texture and stuff but your on the website and explaination of where the engine came from and I said you got all credit from it! Thank you so much for giving this Zelda Engine out man! Heres my website if you wanna see. http://templeoftime.webs.com/ becareful theres website music so it might be loud.

LostSoulFly I have two questions for you broski. Is the Shadow temple finsh? And how to get to KingDondgo cause I can't find him

Hey i cant seem to get the source to load correctly when downloading from github, mind just zipping the most recent version up and uploading it somewhere? :P (it says a lot of files are missing even tho i can clearly see them in the folder, i dont really understand whats going on)

@'death2allmike':

> LostSoulFly I have two questions for you broski. Is the Shadow temple finsh? And how to get to KingDondgo cause I can't find him

I don't know if the Shadow Temple is finished. I haven't been there yet.

I found King Dodongo a few days ago in a map that is not connected to anything. Also the dungeon for him seems quite messed up, as if the tileset changed after it was already made.

I've put a new version on github with some more fixes, and here's a zip of the repository: 
http://trollparty.org/zelda/Zelda-The-Golden-Kingdom.rar

If your VB is not able to find some files they can simply be added into the project manually. It might take a while, but it works! Other option is to edit the actual file itself if you know why it won't find them (path or some other issue).

edit: also, this new update adds spell interruption for movement. So if a character is casting something and they move, it cancels the spell. I may add this to other things soon as well.

@'sephiroth976':

> Thanks, the source works from your download :P no idea why it doesnt work when i download it from github
>
> Also are we allowed to add to the game / edit it and host our own public servers?

Of course. The source was released by the original developers and I'm just adding to it.

If you add or change anything I do recommend that you share your changes with everyone, though!