Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Worlds vs Eclipse Origins

Mun

I noticed the server panels for both engines is very different, is there a way to have the same server panel from 'Eclipse Worlds' as 'Eclipse Origins'?

And is there a guide to how to use 'Eclipse Origins' such as making an account admin etc.

I'd suggest using Eclipse Worlds simply because it still gets updates. Eclipse Origins 4 is no longer supported but it still offered for those who wish to use it. I've made a few guides on using Worlds if you need any help with that. For tutorials on using Origins there's a ton on YouTube (although most are for 2 or 3 they will still work).

Unity is far harder to use. That is just bad advice. People start with engines like RPG Maker or Starcraft 2 map editor. They don't start with Unity. Visual Basic 6 runs better than .NET, if it had threading and updated IDE, it would be a better language. Microsoft decided to drop VB6 cause it was hard to maintain, it wasn't that the compiler sucked. If you seen what I have done with the language, I use both .NET and VB6 extensively, it is pretty dumb to say VB6 is not considered a programming language. It is used by businesses still to this day, because .NET is not a good language to switch it. Sure, VB6 sucks in its own right, in more than I stated, but it has some good points to it still.

@'Helladen':

> Visual Basic 6 runs better than .NET

This coming from your lead programmer, Eclipse…

Just.... be quiet, Seth. If you had ANY experience in actually making games, people might actually listen, even if you sound like a pretentious dirtbag.

The moral of this post: Don't listen to Helladen. He has neither the experience nor the knowledge to make such grand claims as these. Reading a wikipedia thread that says something doesn't make it fact...

As for the original thread, don't use Eclipse Worlds unless you a absolutely want to. Use Either EO 2.0, EO 2.3, EO 3.0, SEB, EFF, or Skywyre.

if you think vb6 runs better than .net then you are doing something terribly wrong. .Net runs about 10 times better, you obviously have no idea how to use any of the .net languages so stop trying to act like you do. it is generally time we move to a newer language due to vb6 being old and is no longer supported as much as before. .net offers so much more than what vb6 can offer(multithreading, serialization, compression, etc)

im sorry but vb6 will never perform better than .net even in a million years, it just won't happen, even if you wrote a super optimized program in vb6, you throw it into .net, boom instant enormous boost in performance. why do you think they have vb.net now? it's literally the same fcking language with a bit of a polish

- Growlith1223

@'Peaverin':

> At least Helladen does something for the community… something more than just to criticize. And in my opinion EW or Skywyre are the best options if you have poor VB6 knowledge.

I've done more for this community than Seth has LOL I maintain my right to criticize.

@'Peaverin':

> At least Helladen does something for the community… something more than just to criticize. And in my opinion EW or Skywyre are the best options if you have poor VB6 knowledge.

He made a engine that has some features other doesn't but is more buggy then most other engines. And as far as im concerned sky has done way more for this community then helladen. Sky has released several things to this community where helladen has released worlds and when he did that he complained a lot by the questions and feedback.

I would go with an engine Jaxx/sky suggested.

~Johnson

If you do more but bring negativity to the community, it does not justify you being worth your effort you put in. You are using one hand to help and the other hand to destroy. I try my best and put in the time I can, but you guys are just hypocrites.

@'Helladen':

> If you do more but bring negativity to the community, it does not justify you being worth your effort you put in. You are using one hand to help and the other hand to destroy. I try my best and put in the time I can, but you guys are just hypocrites.

Tried to make sense of that, but the bad grammar was too OP.

I'm not bringing negativity to the community. If you noticed, I actually gave some input to the main thread, whereas you didn't really help at all. Now, if you can get past the hilariousness of YOU calling US hypocrites, anyone with a brain can see that whenever you get backed into a corner by being called out for saying something completely ludicrous, you in turn lash out at your criticizer and that person is usually banned.

In fact, you even reported me for criticizing you earlier, saying it was "Against Forum Rules".

No, you're not the center of the universe. You're not even the best programmer on these forums. You're CERTAINLY not always right, and criticizing you isn't against forum rules. Methinks it's time you grew up. When telling someone else that they're "bringing negativity" to this community, keep in mind that it's not me getting constantly called out for thinking I'm the best thing around since sliced bread.

And to any site administration reading this: I swear, if you keep defending this arrogant hypocrite, you're going to lose your most active member, and then the rest of them. I can understand being too busy to push out any updates for the site, but continuing to defend this crap makes me almost think you don't even read half of this stuff. If you're defending him because you don't want to lose your "official programmer", just stop. There are plenty here that are certainly qualified to take that position and would in all honesty do a better job of it.

Anywho, it's always fun to try and understand the logic that takes place in the minds of Seth and the Administration.

This member's question has been answered several times. I would suggest locking the topic.

I do not think I am the best programmer. I never said I was. I get help from programmers better than me all the time. It isn't about being the best programmer. Reporting is only done cause people constantly start rants and flame wars for no reason really. I just try to start conversations, people lash out and attack me for it thinking I think I got a big ego. When everytime I talk, I say I am not the best and don't think I am the best. People are just being flamers to be flamers.