Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Logo Practice

DovahTech

I've just been messing around in photoshop and come up with this logo. I know it's pretty basic but I things that makes it look good, simplicity. Tell me what you think! DovahTech

>! ![](http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j427/Adam_Parrington/PixelQuestTest-1.jpg)

Final Version:

>! ![](http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j427/Adam_Parrington/FinalPixelQuest.png)

In my opinion, add a large pixelated sword in the background rotated a little to the right and make the word "Quest" behind the sword so part of The word "Quest" is a little covered by the sword but also behind the word "Pixel".This is my opinion, but it would look great though.onto next person!

@DovahTech:

> It's re sizeable. I'm pretty new to logo graphics and I was hoping on getting some tips on how to advance this logo from some basic text to an actual logo. So far all I've had are blunt comments on how bad it looks.

Should start out smaller if you're new graphics. Like, perhaps with your signature (yes you guessed it, that's pretty bad too lol). The smaller space is actually a good starting point, as it won't allow you to use such large obnoxious fonts, and gives you an opportunity to make the best out of the space you have.

Once you're comfortable with that, then try out a logo design. Also, everyone here is rather blunt, if it looks like crap it looks like crap, its our way of showing we care enough to tell you that its crap, and to fix it. I wish when I started with graphics someone was there to tell me my stuff looked like garbage, would have saved me a couple years from doing the wrong thing (Lense Flare GO)

@Lynxaria:

> Should start out smaller if you're new graphics. Like, perhaps with your signature (yes you guessed it, that's pretty bad too lol). The smaller space is actually a good starting point, as it won't allow you to use such large obnoxious fonts, and gives you an opportunity to make the best out of the space you have.
>
> Once you're comfortable with that, then try out a logo design. Also, everyone here is rather blunt, if it looks like crap it looks like crap, its our way of showing we care enough to tell you that its crap, and to fix it. I wish when I started with graphics someone was there to tell me my stuff looked like garbage, would have saved me a couple years from doing the wrong thing (Lense Flare GO)

Are you really new? You understand this community too much!

The new logo looks okay, but you should listen to Lynx. Practising on something smaller is probably the best direction for you to take at the moment.

@Wing♣:

> Are you really new? You understand this community too much!

It's not the community. It's just people. There seems to be far too many kids who come here expecting people to act differently than how they would in real life.

Eclipse is pretty much just a really awesome house party. If you act like a pretentious dick you'll get kicked out. If you're being an idiot we'll tell you. If your stuff is shit we'll say so.

Far too many people assume that they have a right to be here. They don't. But if you come here to have a good time and learn something along the way then you'll fit in just fine and make friends that last a lifetime. I've known the people I've met through doing game design longer than pretty much everyone I know in real life.