Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So you want to make an AWESOME game?

Xlithan

Some of you may have heard of the Game Development Essentials series.  If you haven't, they're pretty good. Even if they don't TELL you how to make your Eclipse-based online RPG game better than everybody elses, they give you the foundations of every aspect of game development, and show you how to build on those foundations to create a successful game with your own creativity and intuition.

So, how do you make an AWESOME game?

Simple… Get down to your local library and check out the geeks section. It'll probably be around the same area as programming.

I was quite lucky. I was searching for a book on C# and game across a large collection of game development books. As you can see below, I picked a fairly good collection, and that wasn't ALL the books available on game development, there were others which I will check out next time.

![](http://www.draignet.uk/hosted/books.jpg)

So for anybody who comes on here and says "How do i make game in Eclipse with VB???!!111", tell them to go to the library, and get some books out.

Or just, you know, Google it. Most of what those books teach can be found with some basic searching.

The problem is more that people assume they already know everything and thus don't seek out help regardless of medium. I spend a hell of a lot more time just reading up on things than I do actually developing.

I've already read 2 of the books, and feel compelled to start a new project. I'm going to read the Online Game Development one first, and then start reading the one on Designing Virtual Worlds.

Everything about my new project will be done on A4 paper before I even decide what Engine I'm going to use.

Wouldn't eclipse be the best choice since its the best developed 2D engine out there? Well, whatever it is, DON'T USE XTREMEWORLDS!!!! It sucks and the programming is so far from eclipse origins. And on top of that, the engine was meant for games with classic zelda graphics anyway.