Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

D3D11 in C#

Irij47

I would like to read up on how to perform 2D rendering in D3D11\. Does anyone know or have any tutorials so I can learn this? I currently use DX9 using the Sprite object to render my textures, but I would like to move up to a newer version, I am just confused because it's different. Besides rendering with a Sprite, I'm sure I need to draw everything on quads and whatnot and I just do not have an understanding on how to even initialize and begin rendering textures. If anyone has any information, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Panda, he said he wanted to DRAW 2D. OpenTK makes it hell to carry out 2D tasks. If you need something quick/easy to learn(for 2D purpose) look into SFML my friend :) In fact theres a GUI tool that was made as an addon ive converted to work with the latest SFML called TGUI. PM me if you would like a copy of this. Also you can ask me if you have troubles learning it as well.

Also if you would like help understanding DirectX as itself, you can ask Growlith1223\. He may be using DX9, however he uses its 3d functions to recreate his own 2d functionality with some nice features. its made really simple to use in his library -> GrowlDX as well.

@'SpiceyWolf':

> Panda, he said he wanted to DRAW 2D. OpenTK makes it hell to carry out 2D tasks. If you need something quick/easy to learn(for 2D purpose) look into SFML my friend :)

Actually he asked about 2D rendering in DX11, which is probably going to be harder than using OpenTK (and might I add that there are thousands of resources sitting on the internet for help in using OpenGL), so suggesting OpenTK was not even remotely a bad suggestion when OpenGL was brought up. SFML is limited, and has poor memory management making it difficult for inexperienced people to use it efficiently, so I'm not going to recommend that.

• 4 weeks later...
@'PandaCoder':

> @'SpiceyWolf':
>
> > Panda, he said he wanted to DRAW 2D. OpenTK makes it hell to carry out 2D tasks. If you need something quick/easy to learn(for 2D purpose) look into SFML my friend :)
>
> Actually he asked about 2D rendering in DX11, which is probably going to be harder than using OpenTK (and might I add that there are thousands of resources sitting on the internet for help in using OpenGL), so suggesting OpenTK was not even remotely a bad suggestion when OpenGL was brought up. SFML is limited, and has poor memory management making it difficult for inexperienced people to use it efficiently, so I'm not going to recommend that.

I found quite recently something reletively as easy as SFML if not EASIER, more efficient and you get the rest, it runs based on OpenTK its called AGATELib Youll have to search that on sourceforge or like I do all the time -> Agate OpenTK 2D and look for the post on OpenTK that mentions it xD