Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gay Marriage

Robin

About bloody time. Glad to see the Lib Dems going through with their promises. Hopefully their plans to reform drug laws also get that backing of the Tories. Take note America. Third party actually managing to change things. They also oppose the various internet censorship bullshit which is getting imported from across the pond.

Looking forward to decriminalised drug usage and more internet free speech.

I'm actually not regretting my vote now. For a while it seemed they were just Cameron's bitch. Turns out my correspondance with the local Government was matched by a lot of other people. Glad to see things making a difference.

[http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17375736](http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17375736)

Also; Religion.

> Earlier this month, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, the leader of the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland, said the "grotesque" plans would "shame the United Kingdom in the eyes of the world" if implemented.

Hurr durr. Fuck you, Scotland. Go be independant.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1064142-homosexuality-now-illegal-in-st-petersburg-russia/page__pid__594729424#entry594729424

in other news.

Gay marriage is obviously wrong.

01) Being gay is not natural. People always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in the world.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Thing is, I feel that for Christians, its not so much that "Hey, theyre gay, their love is a sin and isn't real" Its more that the biblical union of a man and a women is sharing the same name as that of a man and man, or woman and woman. Now, as a bible believe christian, do I believe that homosexuality is a sin? Ehh, yes. Is it more of a sin than stealing a piece of gum from a gas station? No. Its biblical that all sin is the same in God's eyes, and there is only one sin worse; Blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

The thing that is so unfortuante is that people hear the word gay, and make it out to be like youve just murdered someone.. As I see it, Its just like a tempation like if someone had an addiction to caffeine, like myself, I have tempattions to go get energy drinks. Now, its a really poor comparrison, but my point is, is that being gay may be a sin, and the union may not be as God intended, but God still lvoes his creation regardless. Am I not going to heaven because I am addicted to caffeine? That just soudns silly. Are you not going to heaven because you prefer the company of men over women, or visa-versa? That is equally as silly.

I also do not know the Fathers heart. It is not up to me to condemn or confirm your slavation. I only know that He loves everyone equally. Just because you do something differently does not mean that you are going to hell. All he requires is that you accept His free gift.

Where does this tie into politics? Well, first of all, speration of church and state.. how is it seperated if we're still babbling about this? You can still have a marriage between a man and a man and have it not be religious, so why is it banned? Even so, with my argument, Christians have no right to ban this behaviour, as its not up to us to regulate peoples choices. We are still called to love them regardless.

Politics are so two-faced, its quite scary. Unless you are encroaching on somebody elses rights or safety, there is no grounds to ban something. If you are somehow offended by it, close your eyes. We live on a planet, seperated from the direct presence of the Father. How can you not expect things to not be all clean, holy, perfect etc? Its not fair to tell other people how to love. Its their own choice. It doesnt make it right, but who am I to say who God loves more? Thats just insane.

I will save you all the trouble…

tl;dr

@Ryoku:

> ![](http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/16205423/images/1315362738005.jpg)

Read it with a sarcastic tone, bro.

@Chief:

> Sin blah blah blah sin doesn't matter sin blah

No offence dude, but I don't fucking care about what Christians think. I'm not a Christian, but I have a few gay friends that are and want to get married. It's up to Christians who they want marrying in their churches (However much ignorance and stupidity there is in their beliefs on the matter), but they shouldn't try and outlaw it.

Giving other people rights doesn't infringe or take away your own rights. It just makes it illegal for you to enforce your prejudice and hate. Simple as that.

@Chief:

> You obviously didnt read my whole post (or fail to understand it). You, sir, have some anger issues.

And you have reading issues. Nothing I said sounded angry. I suggest you attend classes on speech and reading and particularly focus on not hearing your own tone in other's writings.

@Aeri:

> And you have reading issues. Nothing I said sounded angry. I suggest you attend classes on speech and reading and particularly focus on not hearing your own tone in other's writings.

Really kid? I suggest you attend classes on writing and fix your angry toned written speeches. Youre as preachy as a westboro baptist.

@Ryoku:

> ![](http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/16205423/images/1315362738005.jpg)

You're retarded

@Chief:

> -long post that I barely read-

Why don't we just change the name of a marriage to a union then? It would de-christianize the legal bond between lovers.

@Eckhart:

> Why don't we just change the name of a marriage to a union then? It would de-christianize the legal bond between lovers.

There's still Civil Unions available for gays (At least in the UK). It's just that some gay people want to marry and have the same legal standing as a man and wife, and Christianity is the main antagonist is trying to stop this.

@Aeri:

> There's still Civil Unions available for gays (At least in the UK). It's just that some gay people want to marry and have the same legal standing as a man and wife, and Christianity is the main antagonist is trying to stop this.

Civil unions should have the same legal standing as man and wife.