Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some weird image dragging issue.. [ SOLVED ]

Zappy

Oi, too posts in one day, I suck. This is kind of a bug I… made myself but didn't realize I made it because it was an accident that didn't actually cause an error.
When dragging items/spells, what have you, the distance between the cursor and draggable object is exponentially increased (only on the x axis) depending on the direction you drag it. (Drag it right, it exponentially get driven right the farther right your cursor goes, same for left.)

I don't know how this happened, but I'm assuming it has to do with modDirectDraw7, so I'm looking in there.
I'm sure someone around here knows whats happening though, so I ask, in which sub would I find the problem? Which one draws the dragged icons? The part that confuses me is how it happens to both items and spells, even though they have separate blt~~ subs..
Another thing to note, is that when dragging to the hotbar, the item is placed 3 slots left of where your cursor is. (If you try to place it on 12, it lands on 9, 11 to 8, 10 to 7 and so on.

![](http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2999/wutki.png)

Sorry for being such a pest <3

Yeah, the hotbar fix is in. It's not that I CAN'T use the things in my hotbar, I can. It just places everything 3 spaces left. if I place it on f12, it puts it on f9 and pressing f9 activates it properly :o

Oh boy uhm lets see.
Oh, right I forgot I replaced all of modDirectDraw with the default source code, so scratch it off the list of possible locations of the problem.

As for my modifications, I don't think I've done anything that could possibly have interfered with whatever controls dragging images but:
Quest system
Crafting system
NPC convo system
Chest system

On top of that, many minor tweaks to things to alter the game the way I want it. Nothing that affected more than 1 sub though.
Honestly I've changed so much I can't remember, that's why I came here hoping someone could inform me where the bit of programming in control of dragging or w.e. 's being done is.
Hmm…
Really wish I could give more info :<

OH. I remembered I added the one tutorial on allowing the numpad keys to be used with the hotbar, maybe that has some explanations. -goes to check it out-
It's leading me around, but everything looks normal. I don't know what the hell's wrong x)

I mean look through and make sure it looks exactly the same as the default EO source code x)

Oki doki! Fixed fixed.
I noticed the only possible thing that could be interfering with twips was picScreen. I compared its properties, and apparently it's width, and width only was different. It was set to 359.94, even though it was exactly the same size as the original EO frmMain screen, which was set to 480\. When trying to set it back to 480, it doubled the screen size… hmm. After abit of fiddling, I decided to simply chuck away my frmMain, grab the original EO one, and paste all my edits and extra windows in. Everything is back to normal~ This seems like a bug with VB6, rather than the EO engine. x)