Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Firefox vs Chrome

deathtaker26

@Robin:

> Does it just fine on Firefox both at home and at work. What the hell are you doing?

I was at school which run older broswers of FF and IE.. We can't update them only the server admins can. Im running like ff 3.x on the computer i tested on and IE 5 at school…. Chrome is at home... my bad for posting what i did without knowing the versions i was using

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chrome can properly display several CSS/Webkit functions and other things that IE and FireFox are not properly quipped to handle.

one example is web kit gradient
```
background:-webkit-gradient( linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0.05, #cc00cc), color-stop(1, #550055) );
background:-moz-linear-gradient( center top, #550055 5%, #cc00cc 100% );
```
Firefox inverts the gradient and IE Doesn't even make the attempt to display it.

@Ryoku:

> Chrome can properly display several CSS/Webkit functions and other things that IE and FireFox are not properly quipped to handle.
>
> one example is web kit gradient
> ```
> background:-webkit-gradient( linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0.05, #cc00cc), color-stop(1, #550055) );
> background:-moz-linear-gradient( center top, #550055 5%, #cc00cc 100% );
> ```
> Firefox inverts the gradient and IE Doesn't even make the attempt to display it.

Throwing around poor examples are we? Stop assuming that Webkit's properties are actually part of the CSS standard.

Yours faithfully
  S.J.R. van Schaik.

@Ryoku:

> Chrome can properly display several CSS/Webkit functions and other things that IE and FireFox are not properly quipped to handle.
>
> ```
> background:-webkit-gradient( linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0.05, #cc00cc), color-stop(1, #550055) );
> ```
> Firefox inverts the gradient and IE Doesn't even make the attempt to display it.

So the ability to display an experimental CSS feature makes it better?

I use firefox myself, I like it. I've thought about trying chrome once or twice, but there really wouldnt be any point, so I never did.

Firefox can do everything I need it to do, and rarely causes me any issues, and I havent heard anything chrome does different worth switching to besides "faster load up", and firefox loads sufficuently fast for me, so I just stick with what I'm comfortable with. If there every actually IS a "better" browser I'll try it, but firefox works just fine for me

Honestly. Chrome is just a program optimized for viewing Google's websites. I have nothing against Google. But again, would so many people be using Chrome if it hadn't been released by Google? Mozilla has made itself what it is today with Firefox. People say that Firefox wouldn't even be heard of if it weren't made by Mozilla. Again, who had heard of Mozilla before Firefox? Firefox is highly customizable. It is very compact. It has most of the same functions as Chrome (and, by the way, Firefox came a LONG, LONG, LONG time before Chrome). However, they work better. They make more sense. There are far more ways to extend them. Chrome is just a clone of what the daughter of IE and Firefox would be. I bet that some of you here probably won't even try Firefox. Here are some more facts for you (From Firefox 9.0 and up, that's what I use) :
1\. Firefox has built in spell-check.
2\. Firefox is very compact.
3\. Firefox has an omnibox, and a search bar, that searches multiple sites.
4\. Firefox is open-source.
5\. Firefox is actively developed by a large-enough non-profit organization.
6\. Firefox rarely displays CSS/HTML correctly (I often will see this problem in Chrome, and IE is just, well IE on this)
7\. Firefox's tabs appear on top (if you select the option allowing them to, otherwise they appear traditionally).
8\. Firefox is easily customizable via both themes, which completely change the look of Firefox, and personas, which modify the look of the default theme.
9\. Firefox synch allows all of your login fields on specific sites to be filled in, requiring you to only press a button (Only on sites in which you allow this to happen in)
10\. Firefox has an add-on manager, and installer.

Some facts about Chrome:

1\. Chrome has built- in spell check.
2\. Chrome is compact.
3\. Chrome just has an omnibox.
4\. Tools that Chrome was built using are open-source.
5\. Chrome is actively developed by a very large, well-known company.
6\. Chrome often has issues in displaying CSS/XHTML (ignoring CSS completely at times).
7\. Chrome's tabs appear on top.
8\. You may modify the default theme of chrome only, through what is basically a persona.
9\. You can use a 'remember me' button on websites if it is there, which it would be throughout all browsers.
10\. Chrome is optimized to view Google's pages.

Have you used Chrome before judging it? Chrome can also change which search engine is preferable, and has a "app" installer. Chrome is also highly customizable in theme, and I've used both and neither haven't met any problems with CSS and/or HTML.

The reason why people like Chrome better isn't because of the features; People like chrome better because it's faster.

@Ryoku:

>
> ```
> ```

You might just be retarded. Get that checked out.

@Likestodraw:

> I R DUMB

You, sir, know not what you speak of.

@Likestodraw:

> 6\. Firefox rarely displays CSS/HTML correctly (I often will see this problem in Chrome, and IE is just, well IE on this)
>
> wut?
>
> Some facts about Chrome:
>
> 6\. Chrome often has issues in displaying CSS/XHTML (ignoring CSS completely at times).
> wut?
>
> 9\. You can use a 'remember me' button on websites if it is there, which it would be throughout all browsers.
> wait wut?