Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Protecting the Graphics data

Well it might me usefull ,because i don't think encrypting will work .
There are 2 options
1.Hide the data folder
Left click on the data folder then click Propreties,check Hide and a box will pop up,choose to hide only the data folder NOT all folders wich are inside of data folder.

2.Extension change

' Gfx Path and variables
Public Const GFX_PATH As String = "\Data Files\graphics\"
Public Const GFX_EXT As String = ".bmp"   <–- change .bmp into whatever you want example .mmo

Then do the same here to avoid errors

' load persistent surfaces
    If FileExist(App.Path & "\data files\graphics\door.bmp", True) Then Call InitDDSurf("door", DDSD_Door, DDS_Door)
    If FileExist(App.Path & "\data files\graphics\direction.bmp", True) Then Call InitDDSurf("direction", DDSD_Direction, DDS_Direction)
    If FileExist(App.Path & "\data files\graphics\target.bmp", True) Then Call InitDDSurf("target", DDSD_Target, DDS_Target)
    If FileExist(App.Path & "\data files\graphics\misc.bmp", True) Then Call InitDDSurf("misc", DDSD_Misc, DDS_Misc)
    If FileExist(App.Path & "\data files\graphics\blood.bmp", True) Then Call InitDDSurf("blood", DDSD_Blood, DDS_Blood)
    If FileExist(App.Path & "\data files\graphics\bars.bmp", True) Then Call InitDDSurf("bars", DDSD_Bars, DDS_Bars)

Now go in Graphics folder and change all files with .bmp extension into .mmo

The game will read the files because it's still bmp, only the extension is changed.
So whoever wants to steal or see the graphics they can't,only if they change to the original extension,in this case wich is .bmp

I made this for the new members who try to find a way to protect their gfx,this is nothing new for older members,so stop being mean.