Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Msinet.ocx Odd problem

Snoozey

So I have the auto updater and it seems to work fine. I can update ect. Couple of my friends downloaded the game and the updater and everything works fine. However, one friend gets an error saying msinet.ocx is missing. So I do a little research and find he needs to place it in system 32, and then register it with regsvr32\. However it is still saying it is missing. Not quite sure how to fix it.

Any ideas?

@Snoozey:

> So I have the auto updater and it seems to work fine. I can update ect. Couple of my friends downloaded the game and the updater and everything works fine. However, one friend gets an error saying msinet.ocx is missing. So I do a little research and find he needs to place it in system 32, and then register it with regsvr32\. However it is still saying it is missing. Not quite sure how to fix it.
>
> Any ideas?

not sure what OS is he using? (though i dont think it matter what OS)

@Zopto:

> i think to he need to instal this http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,65854.0.html
> Eclipse Origins Runtimes/Library files
> that worked when my friend try to  login in my game

Already installed those. The auto updater does not use those DLLs those are for the game itself. Atleast that is what I understand.

@deadwalkin:

> no offense and this is not an insult but if you read his post he said it didnt work

Correct he has the  Library installer, and he has the msinet.ocx in system 32\. It is just not working. He can run the game fine, just not the updater.

@Soul:

> I don't believe msinet.ocx is included in the Eclipse Library Installer (because it isn't part of the "main package", so to speak). He'll have to register it manually.

You would be correct. MSinet.ocx is not in the library installer as the actual engine does not use it. However, the auto updater does. I have had him install the msinet.ocx. It is in his windows 32 folder, and we tried doing the register via run. Still not picking it up.