Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[PAID] Any vb6 programmers out there with DD7 experience?

Mondo

Hello Eclipse Community,

Here is the deal, I'm building a small game in my spare time (ain't we all) to play with my D&D friends and I'd like to add a few extra things to the EO 2.0 engine (like we all do). Things that altho might be simple for the seasoned programmer that knows the code require programming skills for DirectDraw that just elude me.

While I've studied and applied half a dozen tutorials shared by cool people in this forums I decided to tackle a bigger challenge… Acquiring the unattainable CrystalShire bubble chat on EO.

So yeah, I went and got me a copy of the Robin's CS source code, studied it and I got all that I need it out of it, the packets, the handlers, the functions, and applied it to EO.  It all works flawlessly until I get to the call for the dreaded ChatBubbleDraw function...

I get the text to pop up and dissapear, like the chat bubble would do... but the drawing of the chat bubble itself simply is not budging! :(

As I said, in my limited DD7 knowledge I also made an effort to render the chat bubble (via the Engine_BltFast), I tried to put together the lessons I've learned on many tutorials and even tried my best to downgrade the DD8 code to DD7, but I just hit a mental dead end... And no bubble shows up!

So rather than bang my head on a wall for weeks on end looking for all the wrong ways to make this work I'm willing to pay someone some money to take a look at the code I got and not only fix it and tell me where I ducked up, but to also to teach me the DD7 things I don't understand.

So if there are any serious takers out there, you have some spare time, the knowledge, the patience and a reasonable price I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers!

I got it! :D

I was locking the draw surface for text render and attempted to draw on it, so that didn't budge!

It was a tough exercise, specially because I know jack of DD7, and in the end I could not replicate the EngineGetTextWidth function built from DD8 (I never figured out a way to get DD7 to give me back the relative width of each character), so I build a map of my own :P and round up the rest. I know its lame… but functional!

Cheers! :)