Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is It Legal To Sell Gmaes Made Using Eclipse Origin Game Maker?

Ankur Jaiswal

Depends.

Everything in that game (Graphics, music and the like) should be owned by you. Even if you got something from Google, it is most likely copyrighted if it's any good, or is only in use under a Creative Commons License.

After you've checked that everything is 100% clean, you still need to ensure people can't get hold of your client without having paid for it, which is nigh on impossible without some effective programming. People can easily buy the client, then post it on Mediafire and send the link to tonnes of other people, making your game worthless.

All the graphics and music on my game are self-made from me and my community, the only thing i havent made is most of the source code which i think in the license says that you're free to use.

As long as you've made the graphics and stuff its ok.
Also, i wouldnt suggest selling the actual game, i would suggest making a VIP/Premium system that people pay for "1 month 4$" or something, personally i have a Buy VIP once 5$, keep it forever with benefits. Makes it more appealing.

@mastercarth:

> You shouldn't really be selling it anyway, and if you do make it cheap, and don't do monthly fees.
>
> I just don't really think its fair to make money off of a free engine.

Yea I totally agree.. offtopic> also love people who have no in game content or even a solid plan/idea for a game.. and yet they post "how I make item mall?" If your here to make some quick cash off a below average game your in the wrong place. Here's some advice.. get a job or sell some weed ;)

The point of this engine is to get introduced to the game development scene. Don't try to make money or be too professional. Games that aim to be professional around here always fail. The truth is that you'll never make a professional game until you have tons of experience, so just make your time here as enjoyable as possible and have fun making your game. Money will come later.

@Ankur:

> Hello!
> Is It Legal To Sell Games Made Using Eclipse Origin Game Maker? :confused:I made a game and want to earn profit from that, How can I do That? :embarrassed:
> Best Regards,
> Ankur Jaiswal

Yes it is legal as long as you use your own graphics.
But i think nobody will buy a game made with eclipse.

I think if it's compelling enough, people will pay.  However, you need to be creative.  For instance, if your game gets popular, let people buy ingame money that they can use to buy things only with that type of money.

@7Eleven:

> I think if it's compelling enough, people will pay.  However, you need to be creative.  For instance, if your game gets popular, let people buy ingame money that they can use to buy things only with that type of money.

Personally, i find that to be the most annoying thing ever. I prefer it to be that you pay for a membership, (1 time or weekly/monthly/daily/yearly) which allows you to advance faster in the game, such as access to an area. If its items that are acquirable through other means, that's more acceptable. If its items that can only be obtained by paying, it makes it annoying.