Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Switching forum software

Link

Hi everyone,

We're planning to make yet another switch, we're reverting back to IPB. I know you guys are a bit fed up with the switches and hopefully this is the last one for a while. We can't do what is needed using MyBB as it's limited for the plans in mind. The engines will still be worked on and a version of this site will be up until the changes are complete before making the switch. There is no expected date as of now, but you will be alerted before the switch happens. Expect some downtime during the switch and hopefully we can bring you some cool features along with the switch! Due to this, do not expect any major site updates for a while as they will be meaningless.

I'm aware some of you thought the last software we used was fine, however there were problems on the development side which were preventing some updates. We don't expect to have this issue since the last one was induced from an inherited IPB license. This license will be purchased rather than inherited. Thanks for your time.

Regards,
         Linkage.

My comparison is right in comparing servers. They shouldn't take forever to load, if they do it's your internet, because rarely does FB/Google ever load slow on decent internet.

There is no difference Literally I've tested both today, neither of them load slower. It'd be nice if you'd stop complaining, I'm trying to do this for the good of the community, not you individually. If you think IPB loads slower, so be it I'm not here to argue.

@'Yuko':

> My comparison is right in comparing servers. They shouldn't take forever to load, if they do it's your internet, because rarely does FB/Google ever load slow on decent internet.
>
> There is no difference Literally I've tested both today, neither of them load slower. It'd be nice if you'd stop complaining, I'm trying to do this for the good of the community, not you individually. If you think IPB loads slower, so be it I'm not here to argue.

You are blaming my internet. I have same provider with exactly same program and speed for like… hmm 5 years. I had both IPB and MyBB running on same server (not at same time) and difference between clean MyBB and clean IPB with similar data was significant. But okay, not going to argue as it seems that you are deep IPB fan, so no arguments are good enough here.

And, you have Web Dev banner, MyBB is open source, so I do not see why you cannot do some stuff in MyBB that you can do in IPB. Of course you can, but it requires a bit more work. But when you can't, I assume that you are front-end developer and then I totally understand that you want to switch to forum, where you have almost everything built-in.

@'YourBestNightmare':

> @'Yuko':
>
> > My comparison is right in comparing servers. They shouldn't take forever to load, if they do it's your internet, because rarely does FB/Google ever load slow on decent internet.
> >
> > There is no difference Literally I've tested both today, neither of them load slower. It'd be nice if you'd stop complaining, I'm trying to do this for the good of the community, not you individually. If you think IPB loads slower, so be it I'm not here to argue.
>
> You are blaming my internet. I have same provider with exactly same program and speed for like… hmm 5 years. I had both IPB and MyBB running on same server (not at same time) and difference between clean MyBB and clean IPB with similar data was significant. But okay, not going to argue as it seems that you are deep IPB fan, so no arguments are good enough here.
>
> And, you have Web Dev banner, MyBB is open source, so I do not see why you cannot do some stuff in MyBB that you can do in IPB. Of course you can, but it requires a bit more work. But when you can't, I assume that you are front-end developer and then I totally understand that you want to switch to forum, where you have almost everything built-in.

At the end of the day they're the owner and web developer this is their site if they wanted to scrap the forum completely they could in fact it would probably load even faster but they aren't they're changing some software to what they and several others prefer.

Fact of the matter is that IPB does, in fact load more resources for the end user. The other fact of the matter is that it is completely worth it.

Edit: As along as they are dedicated to the switch and resolve the errors that are bound to appear from the conversion.