Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lagging

hisherwin

As I personally don't have this problem could you perhaps answer the following questions for me.

* What are you doing when your game is 'lagging'?
* How many people are online/active on your game?
* If there are people who play on your game, do they have the same problem?
* Did this problem occur out of nowhere or was it there from the start?
* Have you tried running your server and/or client on another machine?
* Did you add anything to your client/server (Source)?
* What are you running (Programs and etc) when you run your server and client?

Try in task manager to close some useless processes,wich uses more memory,but don't close explorer.exe or  any other important process.
Close the browser,close skype,facebook or whatever.

Check the internet
If you have many tilesets,items,skill icons and such,get rid of some because i don't really think you need over 300 stuffs and such.

Clean your C:/ ,make sure desktop is not messy and full with icons,and you don't have a big wallpaper on it.

@Gamzee:

> Easier solution than Lumieres.

Instead wasting money for a new computer just because he have lagg,he could do what i adviced.
Good PCs aren't cheap
Buy a cheap one and in 1 month will be like the old laggy one.

There are 2 types of lag, lag from internet connection (so if someone is at Australia and you're at The Netherlands it will always lag a bit, note that this cant be helped by shutting down processes, even when you have the best PC at the world this will happen) which will delay the sending of data.
The other type is because of hardware or software delaying the PC itself, so like Lumiere mentioned Skype, MSN and that kind of software.

Also, Eclipse requires very less RAM, I think that even 128 MB will do the job, same for processor, Eclipse isn't quite heavy, buying a new PC is something that I don't recommend, just get a very cheap one which sucks for normall use, but is perfect for hosting your game on, as it will not require many power and you'll have the server on 24/7.