Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse#

Joyce

I have, not a big fan of it to be very honest. I've tried writing a few games with it but I never did get it right.. Although it is looking more and more tempting. I would use my regular socket library but since I wrote that in conjuncture with the company I work at I can't really use that in an open source application, haha.

Anyhow, I'm busy busy buuuusy since my coworkers are almost all on vacation, I'll look at what I can do but it won't be as much as before in a short period of time. I am fidgeting with a couple of small things in my local copies of the engine. But you won't see much of that until I get it to work.

@'leminhde':

> I coundn't find file exe to run it !!!

**Short version**
I'm going to put it quite plainly: you shouldn't be running this.

**Long(er) version**
In order to compile and run this, you need Visual Studio (I'm not entirely sure which version as I've not used this. Looking at the solution file tells me Visual Studio 14 _). This project is currently not available for general production use, only C# programmers really can use this and really do much with it at the moment; in other words, anybody who does not have a full idea on what they're doing with this shouldn't be using this. _

@'Officer:

> Completely agree its not the official engine, so if its not being updated every week so what?

Even official engines often go weeks on end without updates. Developers are not held to standards or update guidelines because there are far and few that will even take the role.

@'Mohenjo:

> I don't care about updates if it's a good engine lol, aka, when it becomes a good solid base engine, then awesome, it can stop being updated if need be

You spoke it! It's already a solid base, really! It's enough for someone to hop on and start creating I mean Joyce has added accounts, chat, movement, a SERVER! A WORKING SERVER! So I mean it's already a pretty solid base :)

• 2 weeks later...
I actually am messing with it in my spare time every now and then, but rewriting bits of it because I disagree with how it works.. Figured I'd keep that private though, as really who wants to see me re-iterate code seven billion times. There's too many problems with the current codebase for me to want to continue with it as is on that repository, you'll see what I mean when you fidget with it a bit. I just don't have much spare time, I work roughly 60 hours a week. :P

@'Dialectics':

> Why are so many things globally accessible (i.e., public and static)?

Because I have yet to figure out a proper way to make it proper OO without compromising too much in usability, I mean jeebus christ OO is nice and all but it can be a royal pain to use when you need all your data accessible from several places. (Unfortunately this comes with a downside I am not very fond of as well, and that is currently causing me to reiterate on a lot of code.. It can crash as all the collections change so often on run-time, I don't want that and I have to figure something out.) You could argue OO is easier to use, but the versions I made for this that were purely OO were far from straightforward.

@'Carim':

> Judging by the lack of activity, I'm going to assume we shall see Joyce be active for about 12 days in 2 months time.

Pretty much how things work with me. :P I don't really stick around people much.

Why do you need all of your data accessible from several places? There should be a hierarchy. Send me some sort of diagram or rudimentary flowchart and I'll hash it out quick for ya. It takes a good minute to get things right in regards to design and other paradigms. It's not like development is linear; it's incredibly fluid and diverse.

Which is exactly why I'm throwing the current system aside from redoing it. I just haven't found a way I agree with yet, so far the things I came up with have been rather ugly, at least I think so. Trying to redo it as it should have been in the first place, it's just a major pain in the ass compared to what I normally write, webpages and webservices are different from.. this.

I've also spent more time playing Wildstar the past two weeks than anything else, so there's that. :P