Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to share maps

dopeboy

hi, i and my friend from diferent towns creating one projact with eclipse origins, and we sending each other files, so, but maps doesnt working, what to do, how to share maps that they work to both of us.

well with textures all ok, we using the same textures caled same numbers, but when we add it to cliet and server maps folders and tur on game, map just black, without any properties. HELLP PLZ.

well why we not making on one  server, couse game with ours ip's is not working for global, jus for our selves. so we ned create diferent maps divided, and later when we will finish it just buy vps for saving money. secont, yas i get server maps and put it to server maps, the same with client maps, put to client maps folder. i dont know hat is not right, we was trying lotsof times.

@dopeboy:

> well why we not making on one  server, couse game with ours ip's is not working for global, jus for our selves. so we ned create diferent maps divided, and later when we will finish it just buy vps for saving money. secont, yas i get server maps and put it to server maps, the same with client maps, put to client maps folder. i dont know hat is not right, we was trying lotsof times.

Firstly, learn to speak. This garbled nonsense makes it near impossible for anyone to understand what you're talking about, let alone help.

Have you both got the same data files etc? That might stop the maps from working properly.

And I'd go with what Scypher said. A Hamachi network is easy, and works well for development.

You can use hamachi if it will be just two people connected so you can make maps, you dont have to buy vps for it now.
Sorry if I didnt understand you well, your post was hard to read for me.

EDIT: Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
(2 posts actually)
yea :D

No-ip only masks your IP under a DNS. It does not make a seperate network.

And being from Europe is a poor excuse, just take some more time reading over your posts before submitting them. I'm Dutch myself, yet I'm able to speak English at a reasonable level.

@Scypher:

> No-ip only masks your IP under a DNS. It does not make a seperate network.

I guess.. But it allows a person to connect to your network easily if you have a dynamic IP.
So you have a permanent address ([email protected]), rather than an IP which keeps changing.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.