• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Event System

jcsnider

General-Pony, Sorry, tidy.

–------
jcsnider, same thing.

deleted all music and resulted in another problem, xD "run-time error '9': Subscript out of range" frmEditor_Events -> Sub From_Load ->

```
cmbPlayAnim.ListIndex = 0
    PopulateLists
    cmbPlayBGM.Clear
    For i = 1 To UBound(musicCache) <- line error xD
      cmbPlayBGM.AddItem (musicCache(i))
    Next
```
The sound is normal, just do not play music. xD

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dr.:

> A bit scared to start editing anything without a tutorial. Apparently there was one in one of the older versions? Can someone please link it to me if possible?

Look up rpg maker xp event tutorials.. it will closely resemble my system ;)

Can anyone confirm that the music is fixed by re-downloading/moving the client folder closer to the root of ur drive?

@noth: sorry I missed ur question… if u run the event system map conveter for 2.2 > 2.3 on regular Eo maps... I think it eill work ;). Event data for each map is stored in a extra file the server will create.

@Whack:

> So…not to sound retarded or anything, but does your status mean that you are now the Head Developer, like taking Robins spot? If so thats boss.

Yea, it would be cool.
Also, this event system is awesome. :)

@Whack:

> So…not to sound retarded or anything, but does your status mean that you are now the Head Developer, like taking Robins spot? If so thats boss.

Kinda. Marsh and I have agreed that an event system is pretty much essential in any Eclipse game and he wanted to add it to an official EO. He offered me the official position and really said I can lead the engine where I want to take it. It is my goal to leave it simple and as a base while working with a few more things that would be helpful in any game that could be created with Eclipse.

@Vus:

> Yea, it would be cool.
> Also, this event system is awesome. :)

Glad you like it ;)

So Basicly, Send the player 2000 STRINGS each time he logs in.. Multiplied x100 players online. That's 200,000 STRINGS sent, and those are strings that doesnt have a Limit in characters..

You need to optimize that.

```
Sub SendSwitchesAndVariables(index As Long, Optional everyone As Boolean = False)
Dim buffer As clsBuffer, i As Long

Set buffer = New clsBuffer
buffer.WriteLong SSwitchesAndVariables

For i = 1 To MAX_SWITCHES [i]'1000[/i]
    buffer.WriteString Switches(i)
Next

For i = 1 To MAX_VARIABLES [i]'1000[/i]
    buffer.WriteString Variables(i)
Next
```

Sure, In sub Join Game.. remove this line

```
Call SendSwitchesAndVariables(index)
```
Then find (In Sub SendMapEventData)
```
'End Event Data
    SendDataTo index, buffer.ToArray
    Set buffer = Nothing
```
Under it, before the end sub add…
```
Call SendSwitchesAndVariables(index)
```
That way, the switches are only sent when the event data is sent, (when they are really needed)… if you want to add a character limit, that is up to you... personally, I can make some outragous names in order to remember exactly what they are AND, when sending the string, it writing the length and the bytes, it isn't like it is sending a lot more data simply because they do not have a limit. It is up to the creator to keep it small if that is what he/she wants.

I just made this edit for a future release and to be honest IDK why I didn't do it before other than I was sending all the event data with maps themselves which I switched last-minute.

Also, you can change MAX_SWITCHES/MAX_VARIABLES before you begin development to a lower number if you know you will not need that many... in a full blown game though, I could use 2000.

Optimized.