Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What am I missing

Grizzy

So this is the basic part of my wilderness or whatever you wanna call it tileset.. can you tell me if you see anything I could add I'm missing. Other than water of course, but I wanna make sure I have as much as possible before I start fences and buildings and shit. And please don't steal… thank you.

![](http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4892/setone.png)

Another main concern is the objects themselves. 4 perfectly gridded mushrooms, and it's one million recolors will look terribly unnatural on your maps. Shuffle them up a bit, and instead of recoloring them, make a new patch. This goes for everything else as well. Here's a small example-

These are some 16x16 rocks, mushrooms and shrubs I did a couple of years back. Instead of recoloring, I made lots of variety. This helped to populate my maps with interest and diversity, and kept it looking more natural and realistic.
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/48994285bd80fef237561598af3f176e.png)
Yes I have some recolors for the mushrooms, but I'm not going to use the exact same mushroom in all its different color shades on the same map, I have 4 different varieties to use. I might use the darker purple ones in a cave, as a further example.

A lot of the different colors won't go on the same maps. It just has to do with the design of the game but yeah i couldnt agree more I need to make a lot of the gfx look more natural. ESP the mushrooms and ect. And idk what the inverted colors are for but I think I.can find a use for them. If you can ignore all the multiple colors and just go from the basic gfx I've made and tell me what I'm missing from there. I rly struggle wit bushes and flowers and things like that… Thank you all for all the input and help. Nething else I can work on?

Nice but looks 46-51% like the game boy version of the legand of zelda link to the past but even that game had better tiles and not random colored trees, mushrooms, bushes and the logs are in random hue and one log's colors were inverted. Name one forest on earth or in fantasy that would need colors other than green, yellow orange and red on the trees and logs that aren't green with moss, old and grey or brown?. What will a blue tree be for?