Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is this wrong?

JohnPony

@Aeri:

> Anyway, I just feel that nobody should kill anyone. The killer might be the lowest of the low, a pile of steaming shit, but a life is a life.

What value that life has? This must be one of the dumbest and overused arguments against the death penalty. Think of how many valuable lives could be saved yearly if every maggot sentenced for life would be harvested for organs?

As for innocents being sentenced to death. Yeah, it happens. It's most likely the biggest and most reasonable argument against it. And still I think that might be a necessary risk.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> As for innocents being sentenced to death. Yeah, it happens. It's most likely the biggest and most reasonable argument against it. And still I think that might be a necessary risk.

Yeah i agree with that, the death sentence is kind of needed. But i think their should be outstanding evidence that the convicted committed the crime before it goes through, but then again. That always has its problems as well… If only people didn't commit these violent crimes in the first place :/

@Crest:

> I do not agree with corporal punishment at all, In fact what id beating a child going to teach them? In fact when I was a child it hurt me more to hear my parents say "I'm disappointed" then it did for them to hit me ._.

Which way did you learn things the fastest as a kid? For example, in my opinion, i think you learned the lesson for a lot faster when you touched the hot part of an iron yourself then when your parents kept telling you to be careful around it. I think that, if corporal punishment is limited to teaching a lesson in a strict way, and isn't used simply to bring pain or revenge, then it can be useful. I'm not sure if it should be ok to use on children, but maybe our country could be a lot more strictly run if criminals had to worry about painful punishment and not just jail-time.

@Zonova:

> Which way did you learn things the fastest as a kid? For example, in my opinion, i think you learned the lesson for a lot faster when you touched the hot part of an iron yourself then when your parents kept telling you to be careful around it.

You learn best when after burning your finger you father beats the duck out of you because he told you not to touch the iron, while your mother tells you it's all your fault and you should lay still.