Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Let me pick your brain.

Chief

So, I've been mulling over an idea; an HTML5 game that I am looking to do in the near future.

Long story short, I decided to work out the UI now, as its probably the simplest part of this whole thing.

What I have so far:
![](http://localhostr.com/file/oYVfLjny4LXz/UI-mockup.png)

My issue is on the "mana" bar. Where should it go, and how should I display it? I would like to do something more on the side of original, and try to stay away from conventional, horizontal bars. I am alright with one for my experience bar, though.

I am pretty happy with the feel of the health bar, but I don't wanna do the mana the same way, even though it would fit mirror opposite.

Suggestions?

I was going to suggest just adding the mana bar the same way but i see your against that. Think it would look pretty good. Other then that you could have it ontop of below the exp bar i suppose. Or maybe that grey ring around the avatar could be the mana.

How about make the mana like the hp bar and go around the other side of the circle.
The level could be displayed just under the avatar, still inside the circle, or in a little curved-edged rectangle kind of thing.
Hard to explain, hope you know what I mean.

@NotFuu:

> Inspired by Kingdom Hearts?

Ew, no. I see that its similar, but Kingdom Hearts is terrible.

What I'm gonna do is mix what Marshy suggested with what I said I didnt want to do. I think I can make it look good.

@Dolan:

> Ew, no. I see that its similar, but Kingdom Hearts is terrible.
>
> What I'm gonna do is mix what Marshy suggested with what I said I didnt want to do. I think I can make it look good.

Kingdom Hearts was an instant classic, I'd hardly call it terrible.

@bluefroggy09:

> Kingdom Hearts was an instant classic, I'm a herpderp

Mario was an instant classic. Croc was an instant classic.  Rayman (The first one) was an instant classic. Hell, Spyro was somewhat a classic.

Kingdom hearts = not a classic. Ever.

On a more serious note, without being trolled by butt hurt people.
I like Lukin's idea and concept of where things should go.
Dolan, I like the color scheme chosen for this HUD.

Hopefully this turns out well and is decided on to be ergonomic and easy to look at.

HUD still reminds me of Kingdom Hearts ;)

• 4 weeks later...