Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Nightly Releases (2.4 -> 3.0)

jcsnider

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because, it is what I had :P…. now, they are all 256by512 tilesets that were generated by a simple converter... we have a couple of empty tilesets but it doesn't matter too much and I am trying to convert the demo maps over now... looking much better though!

Nice! Looks very good. (Aside from the tileset, but that's not the point. The point is that you have DX8!) I wonder if CS:DE mods would be compatible with this. Or if this event system is compatible with CS:DE… Bah, nevermind.

I love your new engine and can't wait to see where it goes =D

I've already started doing some cool changes myself. I have a question though, are you capable of recreating blank buttons and other blank GUI elements?

Reason being, I'm adding a feature on the Button Mains where it will allow a max of 18 (customizeable to be more or less) buttons instead of just 6, In sets of 6 (being scrolled by new 'left & right' buttons on the sides). Yet, I have not even an ounce of artistic ability and my filler buttons are atrocious xD

The other part I've been working on is a new mailing system. I had one for EO, but I've grown since then so I'll be completely redoing it. Right now the Inbox and Outbox lists and such are displayed over an edited Trade GUI. x_x but again I've left the buttons alone for now.

@Dremek:

> Nice! Looks very good. (Aside from the tileset, but that's not the point. The point is that you have DX8!) I wonder if CS:DE mods would be compatible with this. Or if this event system is compatible with CS:DE… Bah, nevermind.

We will need to edit all the EO2 tuts that involve graphics to work with this new DX8…but it's worth it.

CSDE mods will not work with this.

EO2 tutorials involving graphics will work until the actual Engine_BltFast line which simply needs to be re-written… (Not too bad).

Adding buttons aren't hard but the actual GUI design, no way.

@jcsnider:

> Adding buttons to the forms and stuff are not hard…
>
> However, if he is asking me to make more buttons for the engine or w/e I cannot due it because I am not artistic at all XD

I thought you were saying it would be hard to edit the GUI lol, okay I get it now. Good work!

Alright, here is what I got….

First, DX8 works... if it starts to crash, it will recover itself and resume drawing as soon as possible.
Little screenshot ;).. probably cannot tell a difference.

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/cec48e112fa9d131cda3b4dc7098e787.png)

(I spent 3 hours converting the maps to handle the tileset splits XD)

Speaking of which, the only real limitation you will have is that you shouldn't use extremely long tilesets (over 1024 pixels in height) which you really shouldn't use anyway.

I have a few small bugs to fix such as resource rendering then… all that really needs to be done is text rendering so I can guage FPS and such. Stay tuned for more updates!

Yes, it is very possible. For a simple 2D Tile engine… I have already disabled lighting but it wouldn't be too hard to implant.

Opposed to real lighting, you could also dark alpha blending for the effect with lighter areas...

So i sayed this when you released Event System and i say this now: Why you dont started working on this earlier? :P .Becouse i already working on game and so i wont use your new DX8, becouse im already using crappy CS:DE dx8 :cheesy:
And its impossible to implement DX9 to vb and eclipse? :D