Find results in...

Eclipse - Nightly Releases (2.4 -> 3.0)

jcsnider

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kelspel:

> ok so i did it and after waiting a while he got a error about this Sub TcpInit() (its highlited) any1 wonder why :/?
>
> Edit: It selects .socket and he does have a old computer with windows xp :/

Make sure he has installed VB6 SP6 ([Step 3 of this guide](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,68399.msg736833.html#msg736833)).

So bassically I narrowed it down, when you have an event set to globa, you cant process animations                      SendAnimation GetPlayerMap(i), Map(GetPlayerMap(i)).Events(Map(GetPlayerMap(i)).Events(.eventID).Pages(.pageID).CommandList(.CurList).Commands(.CurSlot).Data3).Pages(.pageID).CommandList(.CurList).Commands(.CurSlot).Data1, Map(GetPlayerMap(i)).Events(.eventID).x, Map(GetPlayerMap(i)).Events(Map(GetPlayerMap(i)).Events(.eventID).Pages(.pageID).CommandList(.CurList).Commands(.CurSlot).Data3).y

But Daxter i looked everywhere , there were people trying to help me find it but nothing there or maybe using another name… :/ that's why it would be nice if i know the code because it block me to continue the game

@daxterxx:

> Clark i belive its called attack animation frame in the tutorials section. It applys to what your trying to do.

Dax there is no tutorial for 3 frame movement,(step,stand,step) and is totally different from attacking frames.
He asked about an edit that supports VX sprite sheet.

Clark i already told you where to look if you want to edit that,look on your question topic.
Remember,if you look at CS:DE sprites there are a line of frames missing in the right.

Lumiere , i already tried it but it makes the character walk like an Handicappé LOL 
Jcsnider that's ok if you won't release this ^^  but if there is possible to give it the codes i need to change (just for me) i could also write a topic and give you credits on it that would help people who are looking like me for 3 framed characters.

But if it takes your time then hmm i don't know so i'm just gonna regret that i can't do this :/
But anyways thanks too

Look JCsnider please help me. Look sorry for being a whiny bitch is there a way I can change my game so that it can use bigger tilesets it is really being hard using this with such little tilesets please help I can't do anything good. To map the stuff I want to I have to look in 26 then 100 like all over the tilesets is there a way I can make be able to support big tilesets!!!!!

It isn't the programming that is wrong it is graphics cards >.>. Sorry.

It is one of the only two real dx8 downsides.

Now… you could merge 2 tilesets together, making them twice the length but I would not recommend going any larger than that. You could also remove the blank tilesets but that would require work (oh shit, I said the w word). Finally, you could spend a little time simply learning what is on general tileset ranges -_-

In the end, the tilesets I included are specifically for the demo, they shouldnt really be used in an actual game anyway simply because of all the excess blank graphics...

if you want to reduce the tile list, download gimp or paint.net (paint.net is more simple than gimp, but have less features than gimp) and look for a template like this one to use as base: http://i47.tinypic.com/2yttvgm.png then add the tiles you want to join into a big tile (remember to not exceed 1024x1024 px!…i use 1024 px (height) and 512 px (width). I think there are lots of tutorials of gimp and paint.net for editing tilesets for an RPG maker

@Eragon2589:

> if you want to reduce the tile list, download gimp or paint.net (paint.net is more simple than gimp, but have less features than gimp) and look for a template like this one to use as base: http://i47.tinypic.com/2yttvgm.png then add the tiles you want to join into a big tile (remember to not exceed 1024x1024 px!…i use 1024 px (height) and 512 px (width). I think there are lots of tutorials of gimp and paint.net for editing tilesets for an RPG maker

How would I do it do u have something were u can teach me do it like lets say what I really want is to use the OLD graphics way like the tilesets I used in EO but just in png .
@jcsnider:

> It isn't the programming that is wrong it is graphics cards >.>. Sorry.
>
> It is one of the only two real dx8 downsides.
>
> Now… you could merge 2 tilesets together, making them twice the length but I would not recommend going any larger than that. You could also remove the blank tilesets but that would require work (oh bum candy, I said the w word). Finally, you could spend a little time simply learning what is on general tileset ranges -_-
>
> In the end, the tilesets I included are specifically for the demo, they shouldnt really be used in an actual game anyway simply because of all the excess blank graphics...

JC what would happen if the graphic excceeds the limit?

@DarkBeast:

> How would I do it do u have something were u can teach me do it like lets say what I really want is to use the OLD graphics way like the tilesets I used in EO but just in png .

I know what you want. I am simply saying no.

@DarkBeast:

> JC what would happen if the graphic excceeds the limit?

For some computers, there will be random lines all over the maps… on other graphics cards... it will purely look like hell on earth. Some may not even load the game at all.... problem is, it may work fine for you but not for someone else because their limit is different. That is why it is simply safe to keep the height no larger than 1024 pixels.

@General:

> I load 1billion pixels like a boss.

Umm no.

@General:

> OnTopic: Optimize your code now JC, i want to see classes :P

And no again. I don't have any desire to go through that kind of work nor do I see a considerable amount of performance increase from it, if any.