Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Nightly Releases (2.4 -> 3.0)

jcsnider

@IAmMe:

> How do I do that though?

Use GIMP ,it's easy , or Photoshop but won't recommend that because have a bigger size.
Just use GIMP :D  Layers- Transparency - Add Alpha Layer  (if i remember correctly)
Then select the background and press Delete button.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you were suposed to do that for the white backgroun, not the character -_- .Try this!
![](http://i47.tinypic.com/qwwmmv.png)

@daxterxx:

> you were suposed to do that for the white backgroun, not the character -_- .Try this!
> ![](http://i47.tinypic.com/qwwmmv.png)

Did you use PS? Cause I only have GIMP atm, but if you did this on GIMP what did you use? I tried using Color to Alpha. Sorry, really new at this stuffs.
EDIT: I did try yours, still did not work, the character showed up but with black background again.

@IAmMe:

> Did you use PS? Cause I only have GIMP atm, but if you did this on GIMP what did you use? I tried using Color to Alpha. Sorry, really new at this stuffs.
> EDIT: I did try yours, still did not work, the character showed up but with black background again.

Of course will appear with black background because Paint do not support Alpha Channel ,lol, do not open it in Paint.
And i already told ya what to do.
In GIMP  go to Layers -Transparency - Add Alpha Channel ,then select the background color and delete it. then save it.

Never open that in Paint ,because if you will want to edit it,then when u save it the Alpha Channel will be no more.

I use Adobe Flash cs4, and I edited the image for you, just get the original oe I sent you and put it in your charactersf older

@Eragon2589:

> if you don't know how to convert the bmp to png…download this and follow the simple instructions:
> [jcsnider's EO 2.0 to EO with DX8 converter](http://jcsnider.freemmorpgmaker.com/jcsniders%20EO%202.0%20to%20EO%20with%20DX8%20converter.zip)

Jcsnider i have some suggestions ( i know  that probably you won't have the time but ..)

1-Be able to adapt 3 framed characters (vx) without making them to 4 frames (like crystalshire)
2-Transparant tchatbox + movable gui

(or making a script later that can be added on eo 3.0 ) :/

Hello I'm new to this and I don't know how to get the best use of this so can someone explain some things?
Look I have found that this has Chat Bubble , but how do I use it what I mean is turn it on and off . Also can someone explain all the features it has? Like I noticed it has a few things but I don't know how to use them . Like is there a way to make animated water basicly water that moves? Also can someone tell me all the features it has. I would really like it if someone explained it a bit :). I have been testing some of the things but I don't know how to use them to there best use so please explain all of this stuff. :p I hope I am not being to annoying.

@Lumiere:

> Of course will appear with black background because Paint do not support Alpha Channel ,lol, do not open it in Paint.
> And i already told ya what to do.
> In GIMP  go to Layers -Transparency - Add Alpha Channel ,then select the background color and delete it. then save it.
>
> Never open that in Paint ,because if you will want to edit it,then when u save it the Alpha Channel will be no more.

Thank you, I didn't do that method though, I used wand tool to remove the background… Thank you again.

PS: I didn't open it in Paint, it appeared in the client.

@DarkBeast:

> Hello I'm new to this and I don't know how to get the best use of this so can someone explain some things?
> Look I have found that this has Chat Bubble , but how do I use it what I mean is turn it on and off . Also can someone explain all the features it has? Like I noticed it has a few things but I don't know how to use them . Like is there a way to make animated water basicly water that moves? Also can someone tell me all the features it has. I would really like it if someone explained it a bit :). I have been testing some of the things but I don't know how to use them to there best use so please explain all of this stuff. :p I hope I am not being to annoying.

I guess main features are Dx8 which allows transparency and Event System which is similiar to the one in RPG Maker.

@DarkBeast:

> but how do u use the chatbubble?

Type something in chat and press Enter ,you will see above your head a bubble with your text .  Tee Hee

Hello!I'm from Russia. I found 2 bugs. The first bug - it's support for the Cyrillic alphabet, I would like to see it.He was not supported in previous versions, and here we would like. The second bug - when you try to disable sounds in the game - game crashed. Sorry for my bad english. Thnx

@Leporinum:

> The second bug - when you try to disable sounds in the game - game crashed. Sorry for my bad english. Thnx

I second this one…Whenever I disable the sound (not music) it crashes game.  No error, just shuts down. :confused:

@kelspel:

> hello,
> My friend is trying to start the game but randomly gets this code after loading menu :/
> -2005530516 (8876086c)
> any1 maybe know why?

If I am correct you are getting a runtime error in VB6 find this line of code
```
Function TryCreateDirectX8Device() As Boolean
Dim i As Long

On Error GoTo nexti

For i = 1 To 4
        Select Case i
            Case 1
                Set Direct3D_Device = Direct3D.CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, frmMain.picScreen.hWnd, D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING, Direct3D_Window)
                TryCreateDirectX8Device = True
                Exit Function
            Case 2
                Set Direct3D_Device = Direct3D.CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, frmMain.picScreen.hWnd, D3DCREATE_MIXED_VERTEXPROCESSING, Direct3D_Window)
                Exit Function
            Case 3
                Set Direct3D_Device = Direct3D.CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, frmMain.picScreen.hWnd, D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING, Direct3D_Window)
                Exit Function
            Case 4
                TryCreateDirectX8Device = False
                Exit Function
        End Select
nexti:
    Next

End Function

Function GetNearestPOT(Value As Long) As Long
Dim i As Long
    Do While 2 ^ i < Value
        i = i + 1
    Loop
    GetNearestPOT = 2 ^ i
End Function

Public Sub LoadTexture(ByRef TextureRec As DX8TextureRec)
Dim SourceBitmap As cGDIpImage, ConvertedBitmap As cGDIpImage, GDIGraphics As cGDIpRenderer, GDIToken As cGDIpToken, i As Long
Dim newWidth As Long, newHeight As Long, ImageData() As Byte, fn As Long
    If Options.Debug = 1 Then On Error GoTo errorhandler

If TextureRec.HasData = False Then
        Set GDIToken = New cGDIpToken
        If GDIToken.Token = 0& Then MsgBox "GDI+ failed to load, exiting game!": DestroyGame
        Set SourceBitmap = New cGDIpImage
        Call SourceBitmap.LoadPicture_FileName(TextureRec.filepath, GDIToken)

TextureRec.Width = SourceBitmap.Width
        TextureRec.Height = SourceBitmap.Height

newWidth = GetNearestPOT(TextureRec.Width)
        newHeight = GetNearestPOT(TextureRec.Height)
        If newWidth <> SourceBitmap.Width Or newHeight <> SourceBitmap.Height Then
            Set ConvertedBitmap = New cGDIpImage
            Set GDIGraphics = New cGDIpRenderer
            i = GDIGraphics.CreateGraphicsFromImageClass(SourceBitmap)
            Call ConvertedBitmap.LoadPicture_FromNothing(newHeight, newWidth, i, GDIToken) 'I HAVE NO IDEA why this is backwards but it works.
            Call GDIGraphics.DestroyHGraphics(i)
            i = GDIGraphics.CreateGraphicsFromImageClass(ConvertedBitmap)
            Call GDIGraphics.AttachTokenClass(GDIToken)
            Call GDIGraphics.RenderImageClassToHGraphics(SourceBitmap, i)
            Call ConvertedBitmap.SaveAsPNG(ImageData)
            GDIGraphics.DestroyHGraphics (i)
            TextureRec.ImageData = ImageData
            Set ConvertedBitmap = Nothing
            Set GDIGraphics = Nothing
            Set SourceBitmap = Nothing
        Else
            Call SourceBitmap.SaveAsPNG(ImageData)
            TextureRec.ImageData = ImageData
            Set SourceBitmap = Nothing
        End If
    Else
        ImageData = TextureRec.ImageData
    End If

Set gTexture(TextureRec.Texture).Texture = Direct3DX.CreateTextureFromFileInMemoryEx(Direct3D_Device, _
                                                    ImageData(0), _
                                                    UBound(ImageData) + 1, _
                                                    newWidth, _
                                                    newHeight, _
                                                    D3DX_DEFAULT, 0, D3DFMT_UNKNOWN, D3DPOOL_MANAGED, D3DX_FILTER_POINT, D3DX_FILTER_NONE, ByVal (0), ByVal 0, ByVal 0)

gTexture(TextureRec.Texture).TexWidth = newWidth
    gTexture(TextureRec.Texture).TexHeight = newHeight
    Exit Sub
errorhandler:
    HandleError "LoadTexture", "modGraphics", Err.Number, Err.Description, Err.Source, Err.HelpContext
    Err.Clear
    Exit Sub
End Sub
```Now replace it with this
```
Function TryCreateDirectX8Device() As Boolean
Dim i As Long

On Error GoTo nexti

For i = 1 To 3
        Select Case i
            Case 1
                Set Direct3D_Device = Direct3D.CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, frmMain.picScreen.hwnd, D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING, Direct3D_Window)
                Exit Function

Case 2

Set Direct3D_Device = Direct3D.CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, frmMain.picScreen.hwnd, D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING, Direct3D_Window)
                Exit Function
            Case 3
                TryCreateDirectX8Device = False
                Exit Function
        End Select
nexti:
    Next

End Function
```This is only if u are getting the runtime error.