Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Nightly Releases (2.4 -> 3.0)

jcsnider

Come on lads. Please do not spam this thread with help requests. If you have a question please post a new thread here - http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/board,2.0.html. If you are looking to make a quest system ect check the Source board to see if you can implement one someone has made.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a problem… this is DX8 not DX7.. you use RenderText instead of DrawText.... everything else would work out for the most part (maybe 1-2 small issues).... If you want an actual tutorial then this is not the place.

@jcsnider:

> I don't see a problem… this is DX8 not DX7.. you use RenderText instead of DrawText.... everything else would work out for the most part (maybe 1-2 small issues).... If you want an actual tutorial then this is not the place.

Somthing like this?

```
Public Sub DrawChat()
Dim i As Integer
    For i = 1 To 6
        Call RenderText(Font_Georgia, Camera.Left + 10, (Camera.Bottom - 20) - (i * 20), Chat(i).text, Chat(i).Colour)
    Next
End Sub
```

*BUG: The xp bar is still screwed up some how. I just noticed that after a while I wasent gaining exp for my kills, and the monster is higher level then I am.

Oh, how difficult it all ….. well now try ..
Sorry for bad English, I myself am from Russia)

Like this?
```
Public Sub DrawChat()
Dim i As Integer
    For i = 1 To 6
        Call RenderText(Font_Georgia, Camera.Left + 0, (Camera.Bottom - 600) - (i * -1), Chat(i).text, Chat(i).Colour)
    Next
End Sub
```

@jcsnider:

> replace Camera.Left and Camera.Bottom with 0 and 600….

> Public Sub DrawChat()
> Dim i As Integer
>     For i = 1 To 6
>         Call RenderText(Font_Georgia, **0** + 10, (**600** - 20) - (i * 20), Chat(i).text, Chat(i).Colour)
>     Next
> End Sub

@jcsnider:

> and replace Chat(i).Colour with -1 (for testing purposes).

> Public Sub DrawChat()
> Dim i As Integer
>     For i = 1 To 6
>         Call RenderText(Font_Georgia, 0 + 10, (600 - 20) - (i * 20), Chat(i).text, **-1**)
>     Next
> End Sub

@jcsnider:

> let me know how that goes.

Hello,

First of all…amazing piece of work you have here!
I was wondering if you will be expanding the cut scene area of the events?
This may be already introduced somewhere or can be done in another way...if so, please disregard.

I was thinking it would handy to have a button (name it "scenes") in the cut scenes area (events form) that could bring up an image (png, jpg, etc).  This image would be a scene from the main story or a quest scene and would have text in the chat window (or just text on the image itself).    I attached an image to show you what I am talking about.

>! ![](http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2460/scenes.png)

Another option for this event would be to go to the next slide or just end it (the "continue" text). 

Also, an option for a one time play for this event in case you do not want the character to see this scene again.

I am not versed enough in VB to do this and may be an easy addition to implement.

I was just throwing this out there….if it sticks, great...if not, no worries.

Again,  I think this event system is awesome.

Thanks,
nneader

The cut scene options are the fade-ins/flashes/fogs/weathers and such… by combining move routes, chats, and all of these effects.. you can achieve a "scene" controlling the actual game elements....

Don't get me wrong though, your idea is feasible and might be a cool addition it is just not something that I am going to be programming into the standard 3.1\.

We don't need that. I mean it would be nice. But it's not that hard to render a video or something. Just look up some scripts for RPG Maker XP that render cutscenes. Then go on custom script, even thoiugh you don't really need it. If you just look at the event system, you could see how easily you could make a cutscene. With text and everything. Just actually LOOK at it, OK? You could make one in a minute! Maybe I'll make a tutorial or something.

EDIT: Wow, we posted at the same time.

No worries.  I'll take a look at the script option.  I just thought it might be easier/faster to use jpg or png transitions instead of actual using game assets in story telling.  Take a look at one of my personal sites and how I use pictures to tell a story for an example of what I am talking about.

[www.lifeinwow.com](http://www.lifeinwow.com)  Look at the journal. 

> Maybe I'll make a tutorial or something.

A tutorial would be great!

Also I found these tutorials [http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=1125](http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=1125).  This should help me out with Events.

Thanks again for a wonderful engine.
nneader