Find results in...

Eclipse - Nightly Releases (2.4 -> 3.0)

jcsnider

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@General:

> I really wish you guys would stop saying Dx8, the proper term for this graphics engine is Direct3D8, or D3D8.

1\. Honestly, this seems like a small issue of semantics, where there is no ambiguity involved with either term.
2\. dx8vb.dll - DirectX 8 Visual Basic Dynamic Link Library.
3\. d3d8.dll - DirectX 3-Dimensional (Version 8)
4\. [DirectX D3DX is a subset, not equivalent](http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22275).
5\. [Wikipedia link about DirectX](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX).

That is to say, DirectX 8 encompasses Direct3D8.

How final release ? Comon :P ! this Eclipse Nightly can't have an End haha it's too good !
And for the fix it's ok

And by the way can you give me the exact list of all systems , you added in this release?
(I would like to know it because i don't want to search something is already inside nightly eclipse)

@General:

> I really wish you guys would stop saying Dx8, the proper term for this graphics engine is Direct3D8, or D3D8.

When you use the wrapper of D3D made by microsoft(D3DX), the right term to use is DirectX8, even if DirectX is the name of the whole api(regroups D3D, DirectInput, DirectSound …)  cause the graphics lib is the core of the library !
The term D3D is used by the people who creates graphical engine and build their own wrapper on D3D(in the way to replace the default wrapper "D3DX").
In my opinion it doesn't matters, as long you understand what the people says...

Also, DX8 is much easier to type that D3D8 or Direct3D8.
And DX8 is only really used to distinguish it from the older graphics engine of EO 2.0 - it's irrelevant what it actual is, as long as people understand that it's different.

Whack , so you mean that the actual version don't still have the fix inside? i have to put it manually :O
ohhh i through it was already fixed but still giving errors xD

Edit : is it possible to add the script for changing the game commands ? for every users
i mean every users can personalize the commands how they like
(If there is already a script compatible to the Eclipse Nightly give me the link please i'll take it :P )

@jorgeconquer:

> In this version of eclipse the heal hp target isn't fix. i looked for the solution but it is only for eclipse 2.0 in E- Nightly doesn't work. doest it exist for this version?

Are you sure it doesnt work? I think it should, but I can be wrong.