Find results in...

Eclipse - Nightly Releases (2.4 -> 3.0)

jcsnider

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two questions:

1\. Will you be adding .png support for GUI?

2\. @Synergy:

> Because this uses DX8, how would I go about increasing the screen size? Is it the same as the normal EO, or do I have to do something completely different?

Thanks! It's a great engine!

@Mithrandirr:

> Two questions:
>
> 1\. Will you be adding .png support for GUI?
>
> 2\.
> Thanks! It's a great engine!

1\. i don't think he will
2\. you can resize it like in eo v2.0  :| nothing has changed here

Hey there, I noticed that the inventory, spell, character, ect. windows remain black for most of the portion of the window, even if an image which has color everywhere is present.* I then found that it was the D3D(or DirectX8?) that made most of the window black. Is there a way were instead of a color being used a picture could be used instead?

*Example:

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/73ba495b11bcf22f12c26eb42a961dad.png)

This is the line of code that calls for the coloring of the window, for those who were wondering:

> Direct3D_Device.Clear 0, ByVal 0, D3DCLEAR_TARGETb, D3DColorRGBA(0, 0, 0, 0), 1#, 0

When I remove the "D3DColorRGBA(0, 0, 0, 0), 1#, 0" portion of the code (the part which colors it), the inventory window no longer has black when opened, but immediately I get this error:

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/47044bceb77c53a91445c4e15ce5d3ca.png)

And when "OK" is pressed, the

> Direct3D_Device**.Clear** 0, ByVal 0, D3DCLEAR_TARGETb, D3DColorRGBA(0, 0, 0, 0), 1#, 0

portion of the code is highlighted? Any ideas?

All help would be appreciated! Thanks!

@Zetasis:

> That most likely has to do with the way your tilesets are setup. If you use the basic RMVX waterfall animation it works great.

Exactly, it is set for VX waterfall tiles :/

@Dremek:

> Dude, really, adding WSDA movement is easy. Just take a look at WSDA tutorials for EO 2.0, and then pretty much do the same thing.

It is the same thing. The EO 2.0 tutorial should work for this one too.

@Mithrandirr:

> Two questions:
>
> 1\. Will you be adding .png support for GUI?
>
> 2\.
> Thanks! It's a great engine!

1\. You would have to load all the GUI as pngs to DX8 textures and render to the picturebox each time… There is no simple way to make it work. VB6 just dosent support it. You can use .gif :/
2\. It is almost the same. If you resize OVER 800 by 600 then you will have to set the backbuffer size and maybe change a few constants... A tutorial for it just got posted.

@Mithrandirr:

> Hey there, I noticed that the inventory, spell, character, ect. windows remain black for most of the portion of the window, even if an image which has color everywhere is present.* I then found that it was the D3D(or DirectX8?) that made most of the window black. Is there a way were instead of a color being used a picture could be used instead?
>
> *Example:
>
> >! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/73ba495b11bcf22f12c26eb42a961dad.png)
>
> This is the line of code that calls for the coloring of the window, for those who were wondering:
> When I remove the "D3DColorRGBA(0, 0, 0, 0), 1#, 0" portion of the code (the part which colors it), the inventory window no longer has black when opened, but immediately I get this error:
>
> >! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/47044bceb77c53a91445c4e15ce5d3ca.png)
>
> And when "OK" is pressed, the portion of the code is highlighted? Any ideas?
>
> All help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Like I said earlier. You would have to load the .png files as textures then after the Clear, render the texture before everything else….

@jcsnider:

> You can load them in any order you want… it is the drawing.... (I need a better analogy :/)

Yes of course i knew that, i was talking about the simple concept of the order to draw them. To get the GUI in front of everything, you would need to render it after the Characters, Npcs, And the whole tile engine.

```
-- crap Here,
-- crap Here,
-- crap Here,
-- crap Here,
Gui Goes Beings Rendering Here
```

@Mortal:

> Looks funny but one question
> How many must i change that the EO2.0 Tutorials work here??
> Only the DX7 Parts of it or ?

Yeah, anything that touches on the graphics will have to be changed to work with DX8\. Otherwise, it's all the same. :)

Hmm i'm not really sure , but what if , you try to manually save each tilesets to their own extension?
like the tileset 1 is png , open it again on paint and save it again in png then put it in the game folder
And try it again , if it didn't work … i would say download a clean version of Eclipse and try it again?

How do i remove that black thing or how can i send it to back,because i want my inventory to have a nice skin but always is like this,and Skill box too.
I don't want that black thingie,in dx7 works nice but in dx8 there are a few changes,so im asking here… :(
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/ad9cf098f1ef7bcd04a158a712889bb9.png)

I know maybe somewhere in DrawInventory  but i dunno what to change

@jcsnider:

> Define a Tex_Inventory.. load it like Tex_Fade is loaded.. then, in draw inventory after the clear but before the items are drawn… draw the texture... thus it will be in the back :/

And how to draw inventory like in cs:de ? becouse i dont want draw inventory to pic, i want to draw texture via dx8 and into this texture i want draw items.

@GodWar:

> Not as easy as is looks like! :) Only draw the Inv is not all! You must draw the items, drag and drop, and infos etc… :) But i create a gui system later! :)

Wow nice, becouse i can rip it from CS:DE but it will take ages :P becouse i am not very familiar with dx8 :cheesy:

~~Okay, so I got Eclipse 3.0 to see if it would finally let me use it, and guess what? The CLIENT worked, but this time the SERVER got an error!~~
I got EO 3.0 to see if it would finally work, and the client and server launched with no issues, but maps wouldn't load once I logged into the game.

@jorgeconquer:

> hey i have othe question!!! i added the alatar's quest system but when i start the game it says "unrecoverable DX8" i looked into the code and eclipse 3.0 works with DX8\. how can i change it for DX7? it is posible?

Lmao.. Use the normal DX7 version then? You know, the official latest version of Eclipse? This version uses DX8\.

@jorgeconquer:

> hey i have othe question!!! i added the alatar's quest system but when i start the game it says "unrecoverable DX8" i looked into the code and eclipse 3.0 works with DX8\. how can i change it for DX7? it is posible?

i re-edited Alatar Quest System to make it work with Dx8, check the source tutorial: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,81468.0.html