Find results in...

Eclipse - Nightly Releases (2.4 -> 3.0)

jcsnider

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Eragon2589:

> go to this page…some of the events commands and stuff are very similar: www.rmxp.tigerseye.uk.com/tutorial_event1.shtml
>
> good luck!

Thank you, I'll take a proper look later, but it look very helpful. :)

Thanks again.

I will be doing a huge bug-fix run sometime soon and I will be releasing a new download for those who want it… the only difference will be optimizations that will be found in the downloadable version making the event loops a little quicker because all the gotos have been removed. Stay tuned.

@jcsnider:

> I will be doing a huge bug-fix run sometime soon and I will be releasing a new download for those who want it… the only difference will be optimizations that will be found in the downloadable version making the event loops a little quicker because all the gotos have been removed. Stay tuned.

Is there any ETA for this?

jcsnider , when you'll release the next version of Eclipse Nightly , how could we update our project to the next version without deleting anything and without corrupting the game ?
Oh and , do you accept suggestions to add on your engine ? or you choose which system etc … will be on it ? ^^

@clark:

> jcsnider , when you'll release the next version of Eclipse Nightly

@jcsnider:

> Nope :/ got a lot going on.

@clark:

> next version without deleting anything and without corrupting the game ?

Just replace the .exes. Not making changes to the data files so nothing will glitch out.

@clark:

> Oh and , do you accept suggestions to add on your engine ? or you choose which system etc … will be on it ? ^^

I am finished with making features all that is left are bug fixes.

I've got a few questions, actually.

For one, what's with the conversation lag? I mean, just in the first map, the NPC would say something, stop talking, I'd be able to do laps around the cell, and then after like 1 minute he'd resume talking.

Just event lag in general. Idunno.

My other question would have to be:
Hey, whatever happened to Eclipse Dawn?
That was a perfect fusion of your event system and traditional Eclipse; and now I just can't find it. Did he give up, or what? I don't expect you to KNOW, but since you were involved with it I thought I'd give it a shot.

I don't know if anybody else have this problem,or if this one was fixed but when i scroll the tilset it's not showing me the full tileset, neither when i scroll up or down.

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/757fcacf0f532ccb3cca4083d117cd0e.png)

@Lumiere:

> I don't know if anybody else have this problem,or if this one was fixed but when i scroll the tilset it's not showing me the full tileset, neither when i scroll up or down.
>
> ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/757fcacf0f532ccb3cca4083d117cd0e.png)

If you're using the tilesets that came with it, JC had a converter that would cut the tilesets into 512x512 since he couldn't get the larger tilesets to work.

ah and when i try to make a waterfall wont work correctly…  why?
i mean the animation of waterfall ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/ab178e9797e3cc51126ca4035e773f6e.png)

I didn't really want to create a new topic for this, so I'll ask here, but feel free to move it should it warrant it.

Because this uses DX8, how would I go about increasing the screen size? Is it the same as the normal EO, or do I have to do something completely different?

Thanks in advance.

This engine is great, and has come a long way. The one thing I would like to be able to do, (and ive seen it in other custom version so i know its possible), but I'd love being able to use WASD or the arrows for movement.

Secondly, not sure if it counts as a bug or not… but I was running your 2.9 Version, and after about 3 days of the server running, I woke up the morning after to "Runtime Error: Overflow" and the server wouldnt relaunch properly. Everything would load, but the server was stuck at 0 CPS. I had to restart my computer for the server to work.

Keep it up! Thanks!