Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Nightly Releases (2.4 -> 3.0)

jcsnider

I worked on my game for over 7 years and I will use your engine to finish my game.

Can I restart my game with the eclipse 3.0 now ?

Or waiting for more update ?

Awesome update Jcscnider !!!

Thanks you very mutch.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lenn:

> Just a suggestion JC, but if you do camera options, maybe an option to disable the rendering of other players, items, certain NPCs, etc, could help for making cutscenes. :p
>
> Using it now, and it seems to work fine. The only 'bug' I can report really is when you leave the event editor, and come back to it, if you closed it while the commands prompt was open, it'd still be open…easily fixed with a visible = false call on unloading/loading, but, just worth a mention. =D
>
> Haven't come across an RTE so far, so, good work. :D

Not planning on camera options.. I decided that would be a pain in my arse :/
Thanks for the report about the commands. I will fix it and re-upload although, like you said it is a very easy fix.

@LGDR:

> - snip -

Any future updates will simply be bug fixes so you are good to go.

@Daxterxx: Your work with the java edition has ducked ur dx8vb.dll… you need to re-register it and such.

@Everyone else, glad you like it! Enjoy!

When testing some new event features, I came upon this when I clicked Okay.
![](http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5229/eventbubbleerror.png)

EDIT: nvm, It worked on second time…

Thank you for this, I can now create epic story events :D

EDIT 2: I cant somehow add weather Hail, when I set it and click Okay, Nothing happens. It still isnt there.

Awesome thanks for the reports everyone!
I AM going to release a 3.1 here in several days for those who want a debugged version… however.. I will try to keep this post updated with bug fixes for those who want to begin their games....

>! >! Find Public Sub StopAllSounds
Replace it with this…
```
Public Sub StopAllSounds()
    Dim i As Long
    For i = 1 To Max_Sounds
        If Sounds(i).Handle > 0 Then
            FSOUND_StopSound Sounds(i).Channel
            FSOUND_Sample_Free Sounds(i).Handle
        End If
    Next

RemoveAllMapSounds
End Sub
```
>!
>! Find this
```
                                Case WEATHER_TYPE_RAIN
                                    frmEditor_Events.lstCommands.AddItem indent & "@>" & "Set Weather [Rain - Intensity: " & CStr(tmpEvent.Pages(curPageNum).CommandList(curlist).Commands(i).Data2) & "]"
```Under it add
```
                                Case WEATHER_TYPE_HAIL
                                    frmEditor_Events.lstCommands.AddItem indent & "@>" & "Set Weather [Hail - Intensity: " & CStr(tmpEvent.Pages(curPageNum).CommandList(curlist).Commands(i).Data2) & "]"
```

Alright i fixed my error. Idk if this is a glitch or if its the way the event works. But i have a fade out command, then right after i have a fade in command. It fades out but dosent fade back in. Do i have to have a command in between the two

Amazing work jcsnider, really love the work that you have done so far. Everything that I tested thus far seems stable and durable. After re-discovering eclipse the introduction of directx 8 is truly invaluable.

Looking forward to begin development using this updated engine!

@daxterxx:

> Alright i fixed my error. Idk if this is a glitch or if its the way the event works. But i have a fade out command, then right after i have a fade in command. It fades out but dosent fade back in. Do i have to have a command in between the two

A wait would work…

Alright thanks. But Iv continued to mess with it, and I think there may be a mistake in the coding. Just worth checking. BTW, Fix the player touch thing X)

Hey JC, did you use some sort of conversion software to remove the background color on the sprite sheets, or did you do all the conversions by hand?
I'm really hoping I don't have to change 700 different images, but if I must, I must. x)