Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ripping things ?

Wortel Angels

Hi
I need an programmer who can programm me the Pets and an Character choose page with 5 Character slots…
---------------------------
Or anyone can say me how i can Rip things then i can do it alone...
I know i can use lightnings pet system but if i pay an programmer so he can do it too...
--------------------------
My Question...
How can i Rip things from an other engine?? (Eclipse Dawn -> Character choose)

@Mortal:

> But how know i whats needed ?

Basically, you start with something that has to do with the system. Then, you find out what you need to make that part of the system work (e.g., adding new subs, creating new variables, and so on). Afterwards, you find out what you need to make the new subs, variables, and so on work. You keep doing this until you have the complete system. It does require some programming knowledge, but if you make a backup of your source you should be able to do it eventually.

@or3o:

> also check out winmerge and compare the edited source to a blank version of eo and it will literally highlight all the differences.

Eclipse Dawn has a HUGE amount of edits, so it would be hard to pick out the exact edits that make the character system work.

@Likestodraw:

> You MAY be able to get the author of Eclipse Dawn to give you the code, though I'm not sure.

The source code is already provided, and I doubt he would be willing to redo it in tutorial form.

@or3o:

> also check out winmerge and compare the edited source to a blank version of eo and it will literally highlight all the differences.

Yup, like every little line I changed, added and removed. Happy hunting there, because it's quite a bit different from your standard EO. ;]

@Likestodraw:

> You MAY be able to get the author of Eclipse Dawn to give you the code, though I'm not sure.

Hahaha..

No. Too much work when people can just take it out themselves.. I mean if I do this they'll expect me to rewrite it to function with their stuff, not gonna happen.

Yea i didnt realize how extensive the changes where to your source, it would take forever but i guess its somewhere to start, i would suggest trying to rip something a little simpler first because that character selection thing seems a little difficult  if you dont  know what your doing.