Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I feel sorry for Robin

Tic Tac 2

So this new very cool game called "Eloth Online". It has the default GUI, RMXP, Sounds, Spells, Items etc

The owner is a swedish CSS server owner(pretty popular server) and claims to have made everything himself, the game has hundreds if not thousands of players and hes making money at the speed of light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlMYBWo3eVc

So touchofdeath, what do you think?

As a user of the engine myself having worked hard with custom edits and such i personally get really pissed off when somebody that spends 30min on eclipse gets so much positive feedback. argh

@Tic:

> The game has hundreds if not thousands of players and hes making money at the speed of light.

I really doubt that. Also if he managed to advertise it that successfully then good for him. I think the key here is that the game may not look that great, but at least he actually released it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WTKSFffz0I&feature=related what the game is like

why feel sorry for robin?
i may not like robin much, but its clear robin is alot more skilled than this guy.

that game looks 100% default without a single modification

Yeah my point being it's sad that people rip crap without giving any credit at all.
Now there's this guy calling himself a "famed developer of crystalshire" on their forums. I mean come on…

The reason it has so many players is because the admin hosts a well known CSS server.

Ban this kid. I'm programming the game, he's not making any money, he's not selling anything, he's not claiming it to be made all by him, and he certainly doesn't have hundreds or thousands of players online at a time. Somtimes if we're lucky it has 50\. He is making up lies about this game. Good joke.

@JustinSD:

> 1) it's sad that people rip crap without giving any credit at all.
> 2) The reason it has so many players is because the admin hosts a well known CSS server.

He does credit people.
I guarantee you only 200 unique accounts have been made on the game. I'm programming for it, I know. Also, the reason it looks so close to default EO, is because no freaking edits to the GUI have been done. I'd have to edit the picScreen size, and we'd have to reset all the maps which Crille doesn't want to do. I already asked you guys for help but said that we have to delete the maps. Crille doesn't approve.

@gooby:

> Ban this kid. I'm programming the game, he's not making any money, he's not selling anything, he's not claiming it to be made all by him, and he certainly doesn't have hundreds or thousands of players online at a time. Somtimes if we're lucky it has 50\. He is making up lies about this game. Good joke.

But it says "Thousands of players" on their banner and in the "XP Event" it looked very crowded.

What an amateur video. That overused musical track, the lame wipes, and text. If he spent half the time wasted on the video and spent it mapping, the game wouldn't look like typical mirage-based mmo crap we've seen for years now.

Also why is this in Debate? Moving to ChitChat.