Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Philisophical Question

shinebox43

Why did the dev team switch from Eclipse Evolution, to Stable, to Origins? Lol I had EE in 2009 and I remember there was no scrolling maps, and the trade shop GUI was a pic of Lulu from FFX, so I can see where the update to Stable came into play, but I've been running stable since 2010 and never really caught on to why origins is the perferred choice now?

Because Stable(as ironic as it sounds) is still bug ridden. It was build off of an ancient version of Eclipse that had been redeveloped by several people, building onto stuff they didn't fully understand, or things that were already broken by design continuously. This eventually led to the horrible mess known as Eclipse Evolution, on which Stable was based which Damian managed to fix up quite well, but it still had core flaws and issues that were just too deeply weaved into the system.

So then Robin grabbed a copy of Mirage4, added some stuff to it and released it as the new Eclipse. It was stable, had little to no bullshit in it and served as a simple base to work from. *shrug* That's all I can remember real quick.