Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nicer Eclipse

Marsh

I have seen a lot of posts by many different members lately berating new members for asking for a feature or how to do something. It is not be practical to implement everything that each user asks for or do everything for them.

On the other hand these are newcomers on the forum and we are greeting them with an elitist attitude. This is a game engine after all, designed to take a lot of work out of game making. Meeting every ask for help with "Stop being so lazy and do it yourself" is not the right way to go about it.

While the engine is open source, we also offer a **compiled** option. People using this may not have the most revolutionary features but can still manage to produce a fun game. Back when i used player worlds people where producing some really fantastic games with less then half of what is offered to us with Eclipse Origins.

tldr;

Stop being douchebags to new members

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that currently Eclipse is catching the attention of mainly 12-16 year old's who want to make a game quickly with zero knowledge of what is actually in the client / server and only care about placing TILES down and making a OP game.

We all been there at some point… So I totally get it.

So I will make a better effort at not being so dickish and more helping

We can all be homeboys now :3
![](http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/94/ccacdbd7f29738ed1447ff0603980e62/l.jpg)

Well, there are very few moderators that constantly moderate however, you all can really help by using the report to moderator button. I often check those and if reports are of someone being a douchebag, I/we will be handing out warnings and such which as a punishment can end up muting people temporarily or if really bad lead to more bans. Which in turn, will hopefully lead to a little bit nicer of a community for everyone.

ITT: stop immaturely reacting to people who ask for help. Be patient with them. If you do, setting that kind of example will help them mature into patient, helping members in the future.

Be who you want to populate the Earth (forums) in the future.

actually gwen, willy, soul I've never seen anyone bitch aobut them banning for no reason…  then the other half i never seen online except for maybe like well 2 or 3 times every 4-5 months.. then there is the one i will not name cuz everytime i do i get warned/banned/both.....

This will help us newbies. Look I don't even now how to right spanish , and a newbie I helped this boy who doesn't now any english make a game. And yall can't even help people that speak your own language. Help all the newbs. Remember when you were a newb and everyone ignored you for being a NEWB. Please help me and all those NEWBS. Yall can do it.
                                              -DarkBeast

@DarkBeast:

> This will help us newbies. Look I don't even now how to right spanish , and a newbie I helped this boy who doesn't now any english make a game. And yall can't even help people that speak your own language. Help all the newbs. Remember when you were a newb and everyone ignored you for being a NEWB. Please help me and all those NEWBS. Yall can do it.
>                                               -DarkBeast

Well most people here except spork, willy, marsh, gwen, me, are all legal to talk my language… my language is drunk.....