Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best port opening method! Non-Bridged To Bridged

lexkymbeth

Well most problems no one is telling you is, only if! you have two routers!… Is that there not linked! Meaning your port fwd on the wifi router and it doesn't work ;l well here's how to link/bridge them

Step One:
**MAKE SURE THIS TUT IS FOR YOU, 2 Routers I have: windstream modem. Then that's connected to my net gear.. Witch use to be Non-Bridged now it is!**

IF your main routers ip isn't 192.168.254.254 Witch would be my windstream then do comment ill help ya!

Ok lets start, Goto 192.168.254.254/Your's "If you have windstream like me then goto http://192.168.254.254/brgmode.htm"

Step two:
find WAN Interface or something that lets you configure WAN
Click it. Next find something that says OE BRG, OE, ect Click that >> Click the type NOT Delete
Then change RFC-2684 Bridged "If this is not here find the one that says only Bridged NOT Bridged/ip"
Should ask you to reboot with a button or link do so!

YOUR BRIGED PORT FWDING NOW WORKS

Most used Unchanged pass codes: Admin,Admin Admin,Pass

Coment if help is needed! Mite add photos if people actually try! ~ If you need more help google how to bridge your modem type, NOT wifi router

Hello, I'm curious about this because this is currently a problem that I've been having. My first router has nothing labeled as "bridge" or anything similar to that. Are there other names for it or other locations it might be? My first router is a Netgear, so it'd probably be in the same spot on your Netgear if that helps you find it for me.

Since i dont have what you have try this!

-  from the "basic settings" page/section we set "does your internet provider require a login" to "No"

- from the "LAN IP Setup" page/section we unchecked "use router as DHCP server"

- after going through these steps you'll have to edit the URL in your browser to go to the "mode.htm" page - this should redirect you to 192.168.0.1/setup.cgi?next_file=mode.htm ; on that page you can set the device to operate in "modem-only" mode.

Last step says go to there dont, go to here: 192.168.1.1/mode.htm

From: http://blog.crox.net/archives/40-Netgear-DG834-bridge-mode-PPPoE.html

Edit:
Why do you have so many? Should only need 2! xD

I have 2 routers because the setup I have would require multiple 100+ ft cables if I didn't want to use a second router. Also wireless would not successfully reach the entire house as the first router is in a room that has something in the walls that cause massive wireless problems. The modem only has a port for Internet cables, but no extra for other ethernet cables.

That didn't work, I must have one of the netgear models that doesn't have the hidden mode page. I also checked all of the pages and didn't find anything about bridging or changing the mode to modem only.