Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EO Java Edition Tutorial

Alright so people are raping my inbox on how to do stuff. Lets begin.

First off, if your just importing your current porject you will notice some errors with grabbing variables. More specifically modTypes. With MAX_PARTY_MEMBERS ect. I told everyone before they need to know a small bit of java before using this. Anyway ANY, and ALLL variables in jabaco need to be written in java, because they need to java objects. So in modConstatnts, instead of this

```
Public Const MAX_PARTY_MEMBERS As Long = 4
```it should be this
```
Public Instanceof; MAX_PARTY_MEMBERS as BOOLEAN = 4
```
You need to replace all your variables, client and server side like this.

*more to come.

I know is weird. Somethings are going to be new and sound like greek because essentially we are using java context in a vb6 environment. Jc im working on the dx7 dx8 libray reference to release. I put dx8 in mine but for dx7 and should have packaged em both together.

I had no Idea this was possible. :)
unfortunately even after modifying the code, it has the same error(line 48, Modtypes.vb).
this is odd because it is clear that this line had been added(it was missing) and all the variables had been converted as mentioned. should I re-download it?

No, becuase for now I locked both topics (oopps not this one) until I can come up with a fully working copy of the engine.