Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can't register

ShiggyWiggy

A'ight so here's the deal: Me and my friend wanted to make a game using this Eclipse Origins. Nothing serious, but just to play around. Problem is, it always says the server's down for me. I can't even register. I've been lurking a bit and haven't found a solution to my problem. I know his IP, port, everything. He sent me an exact copy of his client folder and it still isn't working. Maybe I'm just being noobish and missing some obvious detail, but we can't for the life of us figure out what's wrong.

Thanks in advance. Any advice would be appreciated.

Has he portforwarded ? If not, and you guys don't know how to portforward, I would recommend download Hamachi ( https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/download.aspx ). Once you guys have it, use the hamachi IP to connect to the server.

@Justn:

> Don't use hamachi it sucks just portforward there are numerous tutorials and if u need help send me a pm

It doesnt suck -.- And portforwarding for beginners isnt as easy as saying "Look at tutorials" . I meant that for a quick way to play the game (For just two of them) they should use hamachi.

The only reason why people don't like LMIH to connect to games is because they need to download it. If you're making it a public game, i recommend port forwarding. Its easy to know how to use LMIH even if you're just starting with computers. Port forwarding is a tough task when not understanding what you're doing, or how to accomplish it.