Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Norton is a bit** >_>

DarkOne5890

Look I have been trying to uninstall norton I did everything making it stop trying to uninstall it but no good. Look I want to uninstall it cause it blocks everything in my computer and its like it shutoff its self doesn't let me nothing ok someone help please. It's would be apreaciated if you have teamiewer.

Have you tried these previously mentioned methods?

> I believe the most recent version of Norton does not allow you to close it through task manager even with administrator powers. I guess it's a way to make it so viruses can't stop Norton even if they tried. I believe I had to remove Norton by going Control Panel -> Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program, find it in the list then right click and uninstall it.

> Try running your comp in safe mode and uninstalling it there. (From Programs and Features) that way, norton is not running and cannot protect itself.

You tried uninstalling it via the Norton uninstaller, or Programs & Features -> Uninstall?

If it still won't work, you need to contact Norton really.. Not this forum; it's for Eclipse, not Microsoft's tech-support. :P
Although I'm sure people will try to help as best they can regardless.. Just something to remember. :P

Rootkits.. That's not exactly Norton.. o.O
Have a look at this though: [How to Remove a Rootkit from a Windows System](http://www.technibble.com/how-to-remove-a-rootkit-from-a-windows-system/)

Remember, google is your friend. :)

try running the uninstaller in safe mode for number 1, then you can try reg crawler to remove any registry keys that contain the word norton.  then I would reccomend running ccleaner , making sure you go to msconfig and unselect anything norton  related on startup and when its all said and done try malwarebytes. update it then run a full system scan in safemode and you should be good to go.