Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO - ES] Player's Level Above Head

00GuthixLord

I Couldn't Find A Tutorial For This So I Went In The Code, Messed Around And I Got It To Work :)

Level Outcome:

![](http://i48.tinypic.com/az7vgx.png)

This Is All Client Based, It's All In modText, And The Sub DrawPlayerName.

Ok First We Need To Add The Variables We Are Going To Use. So Find This:
```
Dim TextX As Long
Dim TextY As Long
Dim color As Long
Dim Name As String

```And Add These To The List:
```
Dim TextY2 As Long
Dim Level As String

```Those Will Be Explained Soon. Now If You Go Down And Find This:
```
    Name = Trim$(Player(Index).Name)
```I Copied & Pasted That Code Under It But Changed It To This:
```
    Level = Trim$(Player(Index).Level)
```That Tells The Code That The Variable Level Is The Players Level. Now About 3 Lines Under That Is This:
```
        TextY = ConvertMapY(GetPlayerY(Index) * PIC_Y) + Player(Index).YOffset - 16
```Copy And Paste That Under It, Then Change It So It Looks Like This:
```
        TextY2 = ConvertMapY(GetPlayerY(Index) * PIC_Y) + Player(Index).YOffset - 16
```That Tells The Code Where TextY2 is Located On The Player. Now You See That They Both Say 16\. Well That's Bad, They Will Both Be Touching Like That, So I Changed The TextY's 16 To -1 And I Thought That It Looked Good, But If You Don't Like It Then You Can Change It.
Now About 3 Lines Under  Is This:
```
        TextY = ConvertMapY(GetPlayerY(Index) * PIC_Y) + Player(Index).YOffset - (DDSD_Character(GetPlayerSprite(Index)).lHeight / 4) + 16
```Ok, You Need To Copy And Paste That Under It. Before You Edit The One You Pasted Change The 16 On The First One To -1\. Now Just Add The 2 On The Pasted One So It Looks Like This:
```
        TextY2 = ConvertMapY(GetPlayerY(Index) * PIC_Y) + Player(Index).YOffset - (DDSD_Character(GetPlayerSprite(Index)).lHeight / 4) + 16
```Now A Couple Lines Down Is This:
```
    Call DrawText(TexthDC, TextX, TextY, Name, color)
```Now Again I Would Copy Then Paste Under It. Change The Bottom One To This:
```
    Call DrawText(TexthDC, TextX - 1, TextY2, "[Lv. " & Level & "]", color)
```That Tells The Code To Position It -1 Off The Normal(So It's Centered) And Adds The [Lv. 1] Under The Name. If The -1 Isn't Centered You Can Change It. If Some One Has A Way To Easily Center It Better I Would Like To Know Thanks.  :cheesy:

I Hope This Works For You And Helps  :cheesy:

Finished Code

>! Variables:
```
Dim TextX As Long
Dim TextY As Long
Dim TextY2 As Long
Dim color As Long
Dim Name As String
Dim Level As String
>! ```The Other Stuff:
```
    Name = Trim$(Player(Index).Name)
    Level = Trim$(Player(Index).Level)
    ' calc pos
    TextX = ConvertMapX(GetPlayerX(Index) * PIC_X) + Player(Index).XOffset + (PIC_X \ 2) - getWidth(TexthDC, (Trim$(Name)))
    If GetPlayerSprite(Index) < 1 Or GetPlayerSprite(Index) > NumCharacters Then
        TextY = ConvertMapY(GetPlayerY(Index) * PIC_Y) + Player(Index).YOffset - -1
        TextY2 = ConvertMapY(GetPlayerY(Index) * PIC_Y) + Player(Index).YOffset - 16
    Else
        ' Determine location for text
        TextY = ConvertMapY(GetPlayerY(Index) * PIC_Y) + Player(Index).YOffset - (DDSD_Character(GetPlayerSprite(Index)).lHeight / 4) + -1
        TextY2 = ConvertMapY(GetPlayerY(Index) * PIC_Y) + Player(Index).YOffset - (DDSD_Character(GetPlayerSprite(Index)).lHeight / 4) + 16
    End If

>!     ' Draw name
    Call DrawText(TexthDC, TextX, TextY, Name, color)
    Call DrawText(TexthDC, TextX - 1, TextY2, "[Lv. " & Level & "]", color)
>! ```

Sorry If I Messed Up On Grammar Or Spelling I'm Bad A Typing Tutorials, So I Tend To Mess Up.  ;)

Looks good.
Two things though.. In future, you do not need to use Capital Letters At The Start Of Every Word In A Sentence. It makes a sentence really difficult to read as it breaks up the natural flow of the sentence.
Secondly, it's quite crowded (the tutorial) so I'd suggest you space stuff out a bit more so it's easier to see which line is related to which bit of code.

Those are just comments on the tutorial, the actual code looks good though. :)

Oh i didn't see that there was another tutorial for it, I looked for a while for one, And ill try to space it out more. The hardest part is the caps, I either put caps at every letter or i don't it's just a habit. So thanks :)

LoL this took a while to write getting the caps and stuff…

@00GuthixLord:

> Oh i didn't see that there was another tutorial for it, I looked for a while for one, And ill try to space it out more. The hardest part is the caps, I either put caps at every letter or i don't it's just a habit. So thanks :)
>
> LoL this took a while to write getting the caps and stuff…

Much better. You give me hope.
At least you're trying and have made an effort, that's good. Good job. :)

@Lenn:

> If you actually read the code, you would find it clearly draws text with the GDI text rendering system. Not exactly the rendering of the bitmap font that D3D8 offers, is it?

I'm new to this and i just use the one on the download link so…It's the event system one. I don't know any other ones...

@Synergy:

> Looks good.
> Two things though.. In future, you do not need to use Capital Letters At The Start Of Every Word In A Sentence. It makes a sentence really difficult to read as it breaks up the natural flow of the sentence.
> Secondly, it's quite crowded (the tutorial) so I'd suggest you space stuff out a bit more so it's easier to see which line is related to which bit of code.
>
> Those are just comments on the tutorial, the actual code looks good though. :)

I used to type like that. XD