Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Get VB6 Free Legal Way (College Students)

dimx

I don't know how many people know about this or if this was ever mentioned before but here it goes.

Most colleges have an alliance with Microsoft to allow their Engineering, IT, Computer Science, Networking major students free copyes of Microsoft products. (Its not free its included in your tuition)

This includes operating systems Windows ME, XP, Vista, W7, Server R2, W8 and development tools such as Visual Studio 8, XNA game studio and Visual Basic 5 and 6.

If you guys didn't know about this program you should defensively check it out with you college most likely the department chair will know the answer but the signup is simple and you can download your free copy instantly or order a cd.

If your college is not enrolled in MSDNAA you can always check if near by community colleges are just do a simple Google search "'College Name Here' MSDNAA". Some community colleges are free to apply for and all you would need to do is sign up for a course get your MSDNAA account and drop the course before the drop date expires so you don't need to pay for it.

Below is a screen shot of the MSDNAA menu.

@Slinky:

> Some community colleges are free to apply for and all you would need to do is sign up for a course get your MSDNAA account and drop the course before the drop date expires so you don't need to pay for it.

Seems like a lot of effort when you could just torrent it.. Sounds good if you're already doing a course though, or about to start. :)

> If your college is not enrolled in MSDNAA you can always check if near by community colleges are just do a simple Google search "'College Name Here' MSDNAA".

Not sure if this is a canadain thing or just my school but we get the same thing through a program called "dreamspark" So if you cant find it google that aswell.

@‭‭‭Marsh:

> Not sure if this is a canadain thing or just my school but we get the same thing through a program called "dreamspark" So if you cant find it google that aswell.

It's in America too. My local college has it.

@‭‭‭Marsh:

> Not sure if this is a canadain thing or just my school but we get the same thing through a program called "dreamspark" So if you cant find it google that aswell.

Oh ok, there you go guys check out dreamspark as well then if MSDNAA is not the name of the program. Its probably the same thing just under a different name. So you can even try googleing your college name and free Microsoft software or something similar to see if it is under a different name.

Thanks for pointing that out.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Yes torrents are the solution to everything these days. Most torrents if not 95% of them contain some sort of malicious software. I was just trying to let people know about their college options if you read the above post its not just vb6\.

Some people actually have pride in owning legal software.