Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Outsource the game into MySQL

GodWar

At the moment outsource all (items, npcs, animation…) in a MySQL Database. Its a HARD work but it works. I takes some time till i finish all. I only change the Server Source. I don't touch the client in one row. At the moment the Server and the Client can read the items out of the DB. The values works in game and so on. Next for me is to change the save, delete and add function for the items. NPC, Animation and so on follow LATER... :)

I attach some screens! NO FAKE...

When this is finished it is possible to show the Game Info like Items, NPCs on a Webpage. For something like Itemoverview or description of NPCs... :P Another thing is maybe the Websiteview which show the characters on the server...

AFAIK all spells/items/whatever except player files is being loaded into memory when the server starts up, and is ignored unless changed.  So besides a faster loading server, what's the gain of using mysql for that?

HTTP Requests? Thats not a good idea! VB6 has MySQL support and its really easy. Only thing which takes time to find the value of in this case items, what htey are and how to save in the db… But after some work this now go faster.

This could be usefull but would really depend on what you were going to do with it. Liek if you were gonna link up a site and a bunch of servers together and use the mysql database as the base that all servers load there data from it might be a good example. Like if they only loaded what was used and forgot it after.